Holley Sniper Fuel Injection Made easy. The 2GC LARGE BORE Adapter kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
** UPDATE** Project is on hold until further notice.

As some of you may know I have been working on a project to figure out the best way to install a Holley Sniper Fuel Injection system onto a 2 Barrel manifold F or 2F engine.

I wanted something that was bolt-on, and more importantly, didn’t distract from the OEM look. When opening the hood, I want to “not notice” the fuel injection.

So fast forward to today (*updated September 4) .. After many versions, and tweaks I have two styles. One is super easy and low cost.

ABS VERSION:
The first is a simple less expensive version that just works and is completely bolt-on. The adapter is machined to fit and has a smooth bore to help keep the airflow smooth. It also includes 2 custom mounting studs that allow the 2GC large bore Sniper to mount to the stock manifold without modifying the unit (keeping your warranty intact). Also included is a custom made air cleaner mounting stud. It has an “S” curve in it and has Metric threads on one end so you can tighten the air cleaner down using the factory OEM wing nut, and SAE threads on the other end to screw directly into the Sniper.

ALUMINUM RISER VERSION:
This version is made from 6061 cast Aluminum. Similar to other adapters in its construction, it makes mounting easy and raises the Sniper up to meet the air cleaner. Some say the design helps with airflow acting as a mini “tunnel ram”. One great feature it has (thanks to a suggestion from a mud member) is a flange that sticks out that allows for easier mounting of your throttle cable. This kit also includes the custom air cleaner mounting stud.

I would like to add that I am not a commercial operation, and am doing this as a hobby that I hope others can benefit from.
I have already been getting many inquiries and I have a feeling I may be busier than I thought I would be. :)

These will be made to order so please expect about a two week wait. I am open to custom requests.
Intro Pricing for the ABS VERSION is $79.00 shipped (conus)
$199.00 for the Aluminum Riser Version shipped.

If you are interested please let me know via PM.

Example below is mounted on a 1977 FJ40 2F Stock intake and aircleaner.
F892D67E-8635-4212-9927-AEFD334C2080.jpeg
84038675-EDBD-41F9-A53B-FFA5462DA40B.jpeg

Last edited:
wow, you’re making me inch closer to a sniper. I keep putting one in the “shopping cart” but haven’t hit the buy button.

Nice work...

As some of you may know I have been working on a project to figure out the best way to install a Holley Sniper Fuel Injection system onto a 2 Barrel manifold F or 2F engine.

I wanted something that was bolt-on, and more importantly, didn’t distract from the OEM look. When opening the hood, I want to “not notice” the fuel injection.

So fast forward to today... After many versions, and tweaks I have two styles that I can now offer up to the community.

ABS VERSION:
The first is a simple less expensive version that just works and is completely bolt-on. The adapter is machined to fit and has a smooth bore to help keep the airflow smooth. It also includes 4 custom mounting studs that allow the 2GC large bore Sniper to mount to the stock manifold without modifying the unit (keeping your warranty intact). Also included is a custom made air cleaner mounting stud. It has an “S” curve in it and has Metric threads on one end so you can tighten the air cleaner down using the factory OEM wing nut, and SAE threads on the other end to screw directly into the Sniper. **NOTE** - This version will also soon be offered in cast 6061 Aluminum. be offered in cast 6061 Aluminum.

ALUMINUM RISER VERSION:
This version is made from 6061 cast Aluminum. Similar to other adapters in its construction, it makes mounting easy and raises the Sniper up to meet the air cleaner. Some say the design helps with airflow acting as a mini “tunnel ram”. One great feature it has (thanks to a suggestion from a mud member) is a flange that sticks out that allows for easier mounting of your throttle cable. This kit also includes the custom air cleaner mounting stud.

Both kits are coated with Cerakote Graphite Black which is baked on to increase durability.
I would like to add that I am not a commercial operation, and am doing this as a hobby that I hope others can benefit from.
I have already been getting many inquiries and I have a feeling I may be busier than I thought I would be. :)

These will be made to order so please expect about a two week wait. I am open to custom requests.
Intro Pricing for the ABS VERSION is $79.00 shipped (conus)
$149.00 for the Aluminum Riser Version shipped.

If you are interested please let me know via PM.

Example below is mounted on a 1977 FJ40 2F Stock intake and aircleaner.
View attachment 2655111View attachment 2655112

You should make those abs adapters to the air cleaner for the 2300 as well. I’d buy one.

You should make those abs adapters to the air cleaner for the 2300 as well. I’d buy one.
That’s a possibility. I Know some are already out there... Not sure if I could improve on the concept but I’ll do some research.

That’s a possibility. I Know some are already out there... Not sure if I could improve on the concept but I’ll do some research.

us GREEKS know how to make SH#T happen the right way !

nice my friend ......... :)

Based on the cost you stated above I think you can improve on the price from the one I have seen.
So I spent a couple hours studying how the air cleaner adapter for the 2300 is made.

I think I have a solution. It would be made of aluminum, be a two piece design with an offset air cleaner mounting stud. I’ll have to make a prototype and get someone to test it out as I don’t have a 2300 of my own.

It might be a while but I’ll post it up when the time comes...

Beautiful, would make nice adapters for the same carb too I suspect. Nice work and that throttle mounting area looks great, very versatile.

Even tempting me to go fuel injected, might be nice modern touch on my FJ60.

An update to the ABS version.

Due to feedback from folks here on MUD, I will also be offering a steel version of the ABS "style". It will have a more simplistic look to it, but be made of steel instead. It will also be coated with the Graphite Black Cerakote.

And if anyone is interested in a custom color of Cerakote I can do that for you, but there will be a higher cost for that option as I would need to order the custom color etc.

This site has all of the colors that Cerakote offers.

An update to the ABS version.

Due to feedback from folks here on MUD, I will also be offering a steel version of the ABS "style". It will have a more simplistic look to it, but be made of steel instead. It will also be coated with the Graphite Black Cerakote.

And if anyone is interested in a custom color of Cerakote I can do that for you, but there will be a higher cost for that option as I would need to order the custom color etc.

This site has all of the colors that Cerakote offers.
This is something I have been following and am very interested in doing. I see Cerakote offers about a dozen black colors, as well as gold and aluminum colors. Any idea on what Cerakote colors match the Sniper colors?

Last edited:
Update ***

Not taking any more orders at this time.

I wasn't prepared for the demand and I don't want to have people waiting. If you already placed an order, no worries...

If you have been messaging me about one, I might be able to put one together for you but it may be a few weeks for delivery.

Thanks all!

I'll update when I get back on top of it.

:)

That was fast, LOL :rofl: :p

If you are interested please PM me.
There are many people who have previously contacted me. I will try and respond to you with this update soon.

I consider anyone who previously contacted me with interest to be first in line.

Thanks everyone!

First batch of 6 has been cast. Putting them through the mill this week.
Should be ready to ship in a week or so. I’m exited with how these came out!

I’ll get some pics up after milling...

Reminder of the final design...

Last edited:
Are you adding a port for the PCV or using the existing spacer? I ask because the old 2GC adapter I have had something I assumed was that
View attachment 2790485
No port on my design. I think it would be fairly easy for someone to add it if desired.

I have the stock riser / heatshield which has a port on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom