Holley EFI 2300 and Power Surge Help Requestwd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening folks:

So have everything wired up as per Holley and am using the Robb MC power surge along with it on a 74’ FJ40 with DUI distributor. I can’t seem to get this thing to start. It’ll crank and every couple times or so it’ll fire up and quickly die. My assumption is it’s not getting enough fuel. I’ve ordered a fuel pressure gauge to add to the “in” on the sniper. Open to ideas here.
Things I’ve checked in the meantime:

- Mechanical fuel pump is fuel.
-Robb MC power surge is full with fuel and primes with the key in ACC.
- Distributor is grounded, has a good 12v switches, and is installed correctly.
- pulled starter and cleaned. Works like it should I believe.
- New OEm fuel filter before mechanical pump
- New Earls EFI filter in between Robb MC output and Sniper input.
- New spark plugs gapped to .050
- New live wires.

495C213B-278A-4162-917B-4F9C240EC15A.jpeg

Logs show the tach signal amongst other things, which helps if it's an intermittent issue. Guessing something like that, as they don't need all that much fuel at idle. Not familiar with the powersurge or the DUI setup, but I know mine was hard to get to NOT run when it was trying to verify initial timing...I'd unplugged the fuel pump relay so I could crank it with the starter only and it still barked to life. 😆

So spoke to Lance at Iron pig off-road and mentioned the coil was set to magnetic. Gentlemen told me that was probably wrong and switch it back to the stock coil setting. Truck fired right up. You have to love local tech help. 74' will be headed to his shop for a new exhaust this next week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom