Holes in muffler = no locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve neglected to replace my OEM muffler for a while now and I regretted. While removing the old one I discovered why my locker hasn’t been working. These homes were also boiling the fuel in the fuel tank.
Just an FYI

IMG_4348.jpeg

In case someone find themselves needing a new muffler but wanting that stock sound, look no further. This thing might be quieter than stock…no joke!

Stainless Steel Exhaust Muffler compatible 1998-2007 LX470 Land Cruiser 4.7L https://a.co/d/1GhzyST

The muffler claims to be stainless steel (in the Amazon ad) so maybe it doesn't matter. The trapped mud will be sound deadening ;)

@PIPO - did you just use regular bolts and nuts on the flanges? My factory fasteners are unrecognizable, and if it's all the same, I'll just torch them off and use new fasteners. But, I wasn't sure if there is a captive nut, or if it's just a regular free-floating 'bolt and nut'.

I use regular hardware with pressure washers. That’s one thing the muffler kit was missing.
I also had to cut mine with a cutoff wheel.

I just lost my rear locker to holes in the muffler, and the FlowMaster was an easy ~125 replacement. Thankfully the wiring fix was only another ~100. Doesn't sound as throaty though now that the exhaust is going out the back of the truck.

I just lost my rear locker to holes in the muffler, and the FlowMaster was an easy ~125 replacement. Thankfully the wiring fix was only another ~100. Doesn't sound as throaty though now that the exhaust is going out the back of the truck.
Did you get that harness section replaced or fix the burnt one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom