Hj61 is on it’s way! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Find another inspector... There are a few importers in the area who may be able to help you navigate the road to registration.
Seriously.
There are a few shops up near Baltimore that would let it slide if you tip well.

got an appt at the Waldorf MD MVA on 11 January! The inspector at Gili's auto in Rockville was talking about needing it back to near stock to pass the one-time inspection...that ain't happening lol. Looks like I'll be registering it as a street rod; it's way too modded to try to pass off as stock for the historic plates. I think I may petition for a "trail rod" class of plates. :cool:

Sorry to hear that! They passed my truck after I replaced all the brake rotors. My Hzj73 is lifted but I guess it looks stock enough to pass. Did they say specifics of what you need to do, Like putting a set of smaller tires on?

MD inspection is ridiculous!
They failed my old company escape because the rear seat and seat belts were missing but it had a cargo cage were the front of the rear seat was.

MD inspection is ridiculous!
They failed my old company escape because the rear seat and seat belts were missing but it had a cargo cage were the front of the rear seat was.
Thats why you don't move to MD...

Proudly titled and registered in the great state of Maryland! Not without a Greek saga's worth of tribulations and hold ups, but it's legal to drive now. First step is sussing out the voodoo curse that the shipping company put on the brakes.

Proudly titled and registered in the great state of Maryland! Not without a Greek saga's worth of tribulations and hold ups, but it's legal to drive now. First step is sussing out the voodoo curse that the shipping company put on the brakes.
You should join the green trail run at Rausch Creek ORP tomorrow if the truck is up for it. Will include members from CLCC and Keystone Cruisers.

@kevin in okinawa Did they have to strap it down at any point? If so, they could have injured a hard line on the axle.
that's a good point...I will certainly do a thorough inspection on the hard lines. thanks you for your input :)

Sorry to hear that! They passed my truck after I replaced all the brake rotors. My Hzj73 is lifted but I guess it looks stock enough to pass. Did they say specifics of what you need to do, Like putting a set of smaller tires on?
yeah, they wanted to undo wayyy too much. At home I had the hook ups, now I'm starting over as the FNG, so I get it. At the end of the day, it's got tags now. :cool:

stoked to see it fits in the garage! even had about two inches to spare. told the wife that means next time we can get bigger than 37s...she didn't find that funny one bit.

garage.jpg

Last edited:
@kevin in okinawa Did they have to strap it down at any point? If so, they could have injured a hard line on the axle.
as luck would have it, it appears that the truck just wasn't happy about sitting for so many months. The brakes work "fine" now.

Love my Street Rod tags!

TBT! Camping at Hedo Point, Okinawa, Japan. you need lockers to make it to the camping spot at the end of this beach...and gathering driftwood with a LC is so much fun! This was taken many years ago when the 61 still had the softtop and the beginnings of it's first paint job by yours truly.

IMG_2152.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom