Hj61 is on it’s way! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
Threads
Dropped it off yesterday! I’ll be stateside after 20 years next week! I look forward to meeting you guys and wheeling in the USA

E31333AA-DE71-4052-9817-47766C4137D1.jpeg

14F26017-5441-470E-A0AD-5E73573E80C5.jpeg

9F962B75-DCF1-4288-9517-5DFE2900A344.jpeg

FC2BD5BD-B9D3-4EC0-A770-C846976368AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Make sure to fill it with a bunch of NLA parts.
I mailed all my spare bits and parts, 24v stuff is really hard to find.🤔🤓 I couldn’t find your resistor, sorry. 🥺

Are the KFC chicken restaurants in japan as bad as the ones in the US?...... asking for a friend.
No man, American fast food in Japan is legit! A&W is popular there too. On Christmas, people flock to ‘Kentucky’ for a meal; it’s a thing. Japanese fried chicken puts most American chicken to shame. Japan is the gold standard for customer service...I don’t think I’ll ever set foot in a MickeyDs here in the states, but it’s a real treat there. No s***.

And food from convenient stores is really good there. Why did I leave again? Lol

No man, American fast food in Japan is legit! A&W is popular there too. On Christmas, people flock to ‘Kentucky’ for a meal; it’s a thing. Japanese fried chicken puts most American chicken to shame. Japan is the gold standard for customer service...I don’t think I’ll ever set foot in a MickeyDs here in the states, but it’s a real treat there. No s***.

And food from convenient stores is really good there. Why did I leave again? Lol
From my time in Japan, they were very proud to work at McD's.

You know what customs area it will go to yet?
I got the Delivery Order from the broker today.

CERES MARINE TERMINAL
2700 BROENING HWY
LOT 201

port guy says it's probably ready for P/U on 16 NOV! Any recommendations regarding Baltimore towing services? I need a flatbed/wrecker to take it to Gili's Automotive in Rockville.

port guy says it's probably ready for P/U on 16 NOV! Any recommendations regarding Baltimore towing services? I need a flatbed/wrecker to take it to Gili's Automotive in Rockville.
they are all equally crooked

It’s here! Waiting on paperwork to catch up from Okinawa then the hard part apparently...registration.

View attachment 2499706
Congrats...and good luck with VA DMV (I think you said VA). Either way, it will be fun. For VA, you can't get an appointment for 3+ months if you use their online portal. My wife learned a trick that we have used twice. You can DM them via Twitter and set up an appointment that way based on your location and calendar availability. They don't like to advertise it and if you cancel/no show then they ban you from using DM to set up appointments. So just make sure the date/time works for you. I did it last week and got an appointment within a couple of days. At least when you go to the DMV, you don't have to wait in line and it is fairly painless...as long as you get a DMV rep that knows what they are doing. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you around.

got an appt at the Waldorf MD MVA on 11 January! The inspector at Gili's auto in Rockville was talking about needing it back to near stock to pass the one-time inspection...that ain't happening lol. Looks like I'll be registering it as a street rod; it's way too modded to try to pass off as stock for the historic plates. I think I may petition for a "trail rod" class of plates. :cool:

got an appt at the Waldorf MD MVA on 11 January! The inspector at Gili's auto in Rockville was talking about needing it back to near stock to pass the one-time inspection...that ain't happening lol. Looks like I'll be registering it as a street rod; it's way too modded to try to pass off as stock for the historic plates. I think I may petition for a "trail rod" class of plates. :cool:
Find another inspector... There are a few importers in the area who may be able to help you navigate the road to registration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom