HJ47 Tinkering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Noticed the heater control cable was unhooked/had a broken end and the valve seemed stuck. Took the valve off and ran into this.
IMG_9257.jpeg

So a new one was ordered.

After closer inspection. ie (pulling the cable completely out). I don’t think the cable is broken. Looks like it sits in the assembly like this. Does this look correct?
IMG_9265.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to keep my list of changes upgrades and fixes on this thread. Maybe it needs to be listed as a build thread. Idk

Anyway I had to change the wiper motor. It was a big wiring PITA. I have another thread on here that describes it.
Here is the new wiper motor in place.
IMG_9357.jpeg

Also changed out the KMH speedo cluster with a MPH speedo cluster after a few small component swaps and clean up
IMG_9517.jpeg

And added a front runner rack to the roof
72192279061__6559C883-A569-4122-B3A5-C1282A6E81C2.jpeg

That is a really nice LWB PU!
...and so rare as a LHD!

PS. I did only know the (few) LHD HJ47s used by the Moroccan Army:

Really odd to see a heater on a South American truck. How’s the frame look? Usually they are cracked behind the motor mounts and front spring mounts.

Really odd to see a heater on a South American truck. How’s the frame look? Usually they are cracked behind the motor mounts and front spring mounts.
I can’t find anything wrong with the frame. That’s one of the main reasons I went after this one.

Finally got my housings back from the sandblaster. Time to start putting the front end back together.

IMG_9633.jpeg

Beautiful HJ. What size tires are those? Also what brand are the springs?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom