Hinge on the front grille (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Example of bib down:
Bib Down.1.jpg

The earlier case hinge has a slot in the upper half. Folded down a ways could just bib could be lifted of. A number of the holes along the side of bib and fenders were slots so only loosening the bolt and nut would slip out forward. A couple were not to be sure it wouldn't slip forward by accident.

I think I posted this story once before, but I can’t find it.

About 30 years ago I rebuilt an engine for a young Scotsman who had a 72fst and was preparing it to ship back to Scotland. He was very local, and was in the shop almost daily as the deadline approached for getting his truck into the shipping container that had been arraigned for it.
Two weeks before D day, his girlfriend got fed up with his preoccupation with the 40 and kicked him out. He didn’t mind sleeping on the street for his last two weeks in America, but the truck HAD TO RUN to be accepted for transport.

He towed it to a vacant lot and continued reassembly, working well into the night using the headlights from his other vehicle for light. Eventually, even with the car running, the battery eventually went dead (idling vehicles often don’t energize the alternator)

SO, he undid the headlight wiring, folded down the bib to release it…and flipped it around, inside out…and used the headlights of his own Landcruiser for the last hour he needed to finish the job!

One of many podcast-worthy stories I guess.🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
The Greatest Generation was ahead of its time. This is a 1942 Willys MB. Check out the headlights.
20220918_114713.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom