HIH8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE to do this. Hopefully this year. Life is so busy but goodness, I drool over every picture...

I'm looking forward to this year again. Do you guys have any HIH7 stickers left? My window cracked and I don't want to lose it. Also, my HIH7 bag has been my lunch bag for the past 6 months. Hope it can make til July.

Awwww damnit man. I can't make July :cry: I was looking forward to catching up with everybody I met last year.

Wife and I will be between Silverton and Moab the first week of October if anyone wants to meet up.

Last edited:
That is correct. We can setup on Thursday the 12th, trails will begin on Friday.... ....opening ceremony at Wyman on Thursday night, pot luck and beers around the world on Friday and raffle/dinner on Saturday.

So I'm a little confused by this. So the event will actually be the 12th-17th? I read the HIH7 thread and recall you NOT being able to setup the night before for last year?

I know, I know, you said more details to come but I'm just so excited/anxious about this I just can't help check hotels and routes and flights for this daily!!

rjones

I am so excited!...it will be our first year! Count us in!

I'm looking forward to this year again. Do you guys have any HIH7 stickers left? My window cracked and I don't want to lose it. Also, my HIH7 bag has been my lunch bag for the past 6 months. Hope it can make til July.

Maybe extra sticker. Definitely a bag. I’ll check. PM me to remind me. Thx!

So I'm a little confused by this. So the event will actually be the 12th-17th? I read the HIH7 thread and recall you NOT being able to setup the night before for last year?

I know, I know, you said more details to come but I'm just so excited/anxious about this I just can't help check hotels and routes and flights for this daily!!

rjones

We get the confusion. Trails dates will be 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th. Registration to open mid afternoon on the 12th to set camp, get packets, etc. Very, very advisable to arrive on 12th. Trails will start around 9-10am on 13th. Tear down everything on 17th.

I’ll talk to @paflytyer about adjusting dates advertised. Thx.

I have a huge chip in my windshield just above my line of sight. I hate it. However.... I don't want to lose my HIH6 and HIH7 stickers so I keep it as is. The cracks haven't spread and it's a genuine Toyota windshield, so I'm not anxious to get a cheap PPG replacement.

I'm very excited to come back this year (as a legit sponsor, no less) and hope I can spend more than a single day there this year, but we'll see how it goes. Let's also hope for some clear skies to enjoy more of those views!

I have a huge chip in my windshield just above my line of sight. I hate it. However.... I don't want to lose my HIH6 and HIH7 stickers so I keep it as is. The cracks haven't spread and it's a genuine Toyota windshield, so I'm not anxious to get a cheap PPG replacement.

I'm very excited to come back this year (as a legit sponsor, no less) and hope I can spend more than a single day there this year, but we'll see how it goes. Let's also hope for some clear skies to enjoy more of those views!

I still haven't put my 6 or 7 on (breaking the rules :p). I can't decide where I want to start as I hope to need a lot of space for all the future ones.

Working CB is required for the trails. It makes it safer and makes the day much more enjoyable with good communication. Actually pretty humorous at times.
I have a couple two-way FRS/GMRS radios, but no CB. Any good cheap options that are hand-held that would serve my purpose at HIH8? Eventually, I plan to get my HAM license and a beefier setup permanently installed, but I'd just want to go with the minimum required for HIH8 on CB.

Speaking of CB's: Anyone have a recommendation for a sleek unit with a remote display/interface? I want to do a good install finally and ditch the traditional unit I've used in previous years, but I can't seem to find any systems with a small interface to mount on the dash with the "brains" located out of sight. I'm sure they're out there, but I'm not using the right key word or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom