high roofs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I while back I saw a troopy with, what seemed to be a 6-8 inch extended section, which bolted between the body and the roof (Basicly giving it a highroof).

With searchng, I have never seen this accessory again and have never found a post regarding one.

Does anyone have any information or photos to share about extended or modified roofs, specifically 45 series troopies?

There was a series of articles in the TT that chronicled the travels the world in a Troopy. It had the very extension you describe. The couple was from the Netherlands.

some high roofs
FJ45-Wagon_Fissore_300x600_10025_sharpen2_grayscale_300dpi-9025-1.jpg
8101h99_20.jpg
34801kj_20.jpg

Here's a more recent photo of my high roof. 2manycruisers has a pop top troopy which is the ultimate way to go.

Josh

290228184_MZzEk-M.jpg

290228147_Nzdna-M.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to attach the pop top photo. Way cool high roof.

Josh

attachment.php

Thanks for all the pics guys. I would say that the Bolivian cruiser was closest to what I was refering to; An aftermarket extension that bolts between the body and the roof.

To HJ47- Where would one get an aftermarket roof like yours or a pop up? Is that an Austrailian thing?

Thanks for all the pics guys. I would say that the Bolivian cruiser was closest to what I was refering to; An aftermarket extension that bolts between the body and the roof.

To HJ47- Where would one get an aftermarket roof like yours or a pop up? Is that an Austrailian thing?

A company called 'Trakka' made the pop top and mine was made by a camper conversion shop in New South Wales back when the rig was new. It would not be hard to make one like mine but after living in mine while camping and then spending time in 2manycruiser's pop top, I'd say make the pop top. I meansured the top on a Westfalia and it is pretty close. I have always thought that a good fibreglass guy could make that combo look really good.

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom