Hideaway radio for LV? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have one the radios you can put in the glovebox? I pretty much have to have tunes when I am driving, even with the wife talking. Anyone have any experience with these? There is no way I am going to cut the dash so either I buy something like this or go to Best Buy and buy another little blue tooth boom box like Onur and I purchased when driving cruiser back from Oklahoma one time.

I mounted a stereo under the middle of the front bench seat on my SWB. It works great. Bluetooth connects flawlessly. Hard to see (which was my goal) but it has a remote and you can reach down and turn the volume up or down easily.

I’ll try to find a pic.

I use a Bluetooth motorcycle radio that’s hidden under the dash. Music just plays from my phone and it automatically connects to my phone when powered on (accessory position on the ignition). I don’t think this is the exact one but it’s similar. Speakers are mounted under the front seat (x2) and under the dash (x2). Nothing under these 40 series dashes is easy really with it cramped as it is, but I like the finished product as it is hidden and everything now operates from my phone.

BOSS Audio Systems MC420B Motorcycle Speaker System – Class D Compact Amplifier, 3 Inch Weatherproof Speakers, Volume Control, Great for ATVs, Motorcycles and All 12 Volt Vehicles Amazon product ASIN B00IBI50NK

I did one of those stereo-under-the-seat-deals back in '06. Man did that thing get dusty. And it wasn't even in a 40! Fourth the bluetooth type with a hidden head unit somewhere. Behind the panels in the cargo bay?

I folded up a panel and mounted a standard head unit in the glove box. I keep the remote control for it either on the seat or in the ash tray. Down side is I need to have the glovebox open while in use, upside is I can shut the glovebox and its not on show.

I have the Boss Audio system in my wife’s 40. It is super easy and plenty loud. You can stick the speakers anywhere and the control unit lives in the glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom