HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First paragraph on the first page of this guide I discuss adjustments
You have to bolt them into your truck before you seal them ...find a level area and a wall. Turn them on and make your adjustments. They should look like the picture below.

4A581385-599F-4899-9E3C-9ADC1D8B548F.jpeg

Last edited:
@Luke111 If you will recall our phone conversation about hooking up the harnesses, relays and ballasts, we visited about the idea of applying Dielectric Grease to all the fittings.

I did contact TRS and spoke with Neil there, I asked if there was any reason "not to" use Dielectric grease and the response I received was: "Dielectric grease is a great idea in any of the connectors to ensure moisture does not find its way into the connections!".

It may be worth adding to the main instruction page for people who want to minimize the chances of moisture causing issues.

@Luke111 If you will recall our phone conversation about hooking up the harnesses, relays and ballasts, we visited about the idea of applying Dielectric Grease to all the fittings.

I did contact TRS and spoke with Neil there, I asked if there was any reason "not to" use Dielectric grease and the response I received was: "Dielectric grease is a great idea in any of the connectors to ensure moisture does not find its way into the connections!".

It may be worth adding to the main instruction page for people who want to minimize the chances of moisture causing issues.
That’s a great idea .... thank you

I plan on making revisions to the install guide.. making it easier to follow and add content based on suggestions but I need your help to keep the install guide as clean as possible. Could you please delete your current comments and photos so there are no gaps in the guide. PM anything you’d like to see added. This may take a week but once it’s completed it should be easier to follow.. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Lou

I plan on making revisions to the install guide.. making it easier to follow and add content based on suggestions but I need your help to keep the install guide as clean as possible. Could you please delete your current comments and photos so there are no gaps in the guide. PM anything you’d like to see added. This may take a week but once it’s completed it should be easier to follow.. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Lou
@Luke111 could you comment on the output difference between the Mini H1 and your DS2 setup? Any pics? Your site says "Madskills required" Is that wiring or fab work? I've never done projectors before, but do a lot of mods/machining/wrenching on the beast and other stuff.

How are you guys looping the relay wire in the front away from the front radiator without interfering with the hood? Could you show some pictures? Thanks much!

How are you guys looping the relay wire in the front away from the front radiator without interfering with the hood? Could you show some pictures? Thanks much!
I bought a 12" 9006 extension and ran it on top of the radiator support.

@Luke111 I did the tsx projector swap before i found out about your bracket but I think I would like to upgrade to the morimoto projector with your bracket and the d2s i have installed currently. I saw on your website you were cautious about the difficulty of the d2s retrofit. What is the difference from the h1 install? Also, is the adapter plate your making 95 for one, or a pair?

@Luke111 I did the tsx projector swap before i found out about your bracket but I think I would like to upgrade to the morimoto projector with your bracket and the d2s i have installed currently. I saw on your website you were cautious about the difficulty of the d2s retrofit. What is the difference from the h1 install? Also, is the adapter plate your making 95 for one, or a pair?
$95 is for the pair. For detailed Q & A give me a call 703-371-8494. Trying to keep the install guide as clean as possible
Lou

Finally got mine installed with a late Sunday night conversation with Lou. Thanks again, Lou. Who would have thought that the hardest part of the whole process would have been releasing the clip on the corner lights.

Yes, thanks for all of your help Lou. The lights look great. One slight mod was to add and adjusting nut to the low beam adjuster. I did this by taking one of those .5 to .75 inch long nuts and cut a slot with my dremel to allow the blade sticking out the back to be JB Welded on the adjuster. With a wrench I can turn the nut clockwise to lower or counter clockwise to raise.

Yes, thanks for all of your help Lou. The lights look great. One slight mod was to add and adjusting nut to the low beam adjuster. I did this by taking one of those .5 to .75 inch long nuts and cut a slot with my dremel to allow the blade sticking out the back to be JB Welded on the adjuster. With a wrench I can turn the nut clockwise to lower or counter clockwise to raise.

That is an excellent idea! I will do the same.

I honestly didn't think this would be so easy, with the bracket and necessary screws, ball snap, instructions, this was a breeze. If you've got an LX470 this is a must, i'll break down what i spent on this project.

Mini H1 8.0 kit with Morimoto XB bulb/ballasts $330
Lou's bracket $95 picked up
Miscellaneous stuff here and there $20

Time to do the retrofit, 3 hours first time around, next go around i'll probably have both baked, opened, fitted for an hour. Aiming should take another 10-15 minutes which i'll do today, and then bake and reseal another 30 minutes. The project looks intimidating, but once you open up the headlight lens, everything is straight forward.

To get the lenses off, remove all the metal clips surrounding it, and one screw on the bottom next to the highbeam lens. Preheat oven to 250F, put light in there for 7 minutes, remove and then use a flathead to pry off at the corner and it'll slowly give way. You won't melt anything baking it at that temp. I got a tiny ass oven at home that barely fit a personal pan pizza, it did the job, do one at a time.

51408226727_30a2ee7b0f_b.jpg

51408226737_1ae90a6d92_b.jpg

51409244723_f07b7f147b_b.jpg

51409734029_007f963cf1_b.jpg

51408974036_92b5e70cf9_b.jpg

is there a section of the headlight housing that is known to be level? i would like to do initial aiming and leveling off the vehicle before testing on the vehichle and sealing up the headlights. thanks.
~m~

is there a section of the headlight housing that is known to be level? i would like to do initial aiming and leveling off the vehicle before testing on the vehichle and sealing up the headlights. thanks.
~m~
The lower edge could be level but the time it would take to design and set up some sort of jig would in my opinion be a waste of time and it would have to be dead on. If you’re just slightly off your cutoff could be tilted. Three bolts per light is all that’s needed an less then 5 minutes to install and you know your good. I’ve thought about setting up a jig because I’m constantly building lights but it only takes me ten minutes to install align and remove so I don’t see the need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom