HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE

Luke111

Supporting Vendor

First paragraph on the first page of this guide I discuss adjustments
You have to bolt them into your truck before you seal them ...find a level area and a wall. Turn them on and make your adjustments. They should look like the picture below.

4A581385-599F-4899-9E3C-9ADC1D8B548F.jpeg

Last edited:

Mbchance

SILVER Star
@Luke111 If you will recall our phone conversation about hooking up the harnesses, relays and ballasts, we visited about the idea of applying Dielectric Grease to all the fittings.

I did contact TRS and spoke with Neil there, I asked if there was any reason "not to" use Dielectric grease and the response I received was: "Dielectric grease is a great idea in any of the connectors to ensure moisture does not find its way into the connections!".

It may be worth adding to the main instruction page for people who want to minimize the chances of moisture causing issues.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor

@Luke111 If you will recall our phone conversation about hooking up the harnesses, relays and ballasts, we visited about the idea of applying Dielectric Grease to all the fittings.

I did contact TRS and spoke with Neil there, I asked if there was any reason "not to" use Dielectric grease and the response I received was: "Dielectric grease is a great idea in any of the connectors to ensure moisture does not find its way into the connections!".

It may be worth adding to the main instruction page for people who want to minimize the chances of moisture causing issues.
That’s a great idea .... thank you

Luke111

Supporting Vendor

I plan on making revisions to the install guide.. making it easier to follow and add content based on suggestions but I need your help to keep the install guide as clean as possible. Could you please delete your current comments and photos so there are no gaps in the guide. PM anything you’d like to see added. This may take a week but once it’s completed it should be easier to follow.. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Lou

I plan on making revisions to the install guide.. making it easier to follow and add content based on suggestions but I need your help to keep the install guide as clean as possible. Could you please delete your current comments and photos so there are no gaps in the guide. PM anything you’d like to see added. This may take a week but once it’s completed it should be easier to follow.. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Lou
@Luke111 could you comment on the output difference between the Mini H1 and your DS2 setup? Any pics? Your site says "Madskills required" Is that wiring or fab work? I've never done projectors before, but do a lot of mods/machining/wrenching on the beast and other stuff.

GRunner

SILVER Star

How are you guys looping the relay wire in the front away from the front radiator without interfering with the hood? Could you show some pictures? Thanks much!

bamabrock

Ain’t Life Grand
SILVER Star

How are you guys looping the relay wire in the front away from the front radiator without interfering with the hood? Could you show some pictures? Thanks much!
I bought a 12" 9006 extension and ran it on top of the radiator support.

Top Bottom