HF the good, the bad and the ugly. Post up your experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One anecdote: I picked up one of their speed squares on sale cuz I was planning to modify it for a project.
Well, when I got home, I used some of my better tools to check the squareness (it was fine after a small amount of sanding off a visible mold line) and the inch markings on it. Oddly, the outside inch marks were spot on but the inside ones were wildly off. As in I did not need to use my Mitutoyo stuff for that. You could see it with your naked eye. Something like 1/8" off over 2 or 3 few inches from the edge. Weird. Something must have been lost in translation (pun intended).
So, I would suggest caution when buying measuring tools from them.

A Christmas miracle, early... !

Just tested an 18650 battery that came with an HF light. To my astonishment, it actually tested higher than stated specs. What's happening to HF?

Their Doyle pliers and Bremen locking pliers are worth looking at - particularly this weekend for the ones under $10 with the 30% off coupon posted in the coupon thread. I'm replacing some Husky/Kobalt ones that needed to retire and was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Re powered the tractor with a Predator engine. Going strong two years later.

Earthquake impact gun, 1/2", is a beast. It needs a lot of air, 1/2" hose does the job, it has never not taken off a nut I needed to remove. Beats the heck out of the IR impact I bought 30 years ago.

1" belt sander is surprisingly good. Bought one to use a work for an emergency job, figured it would be dead at the end. Still running strong years later. Conversely the combo 3" belt and disc sander was a complete piece of junk. The bushings in the idler wheel for the belt wore out in short order.

Socket drives have held up way better than the Home Depot Husky brand tools I've had. I really like the extendable handle versions for carrying in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom