Hey! N00B Gets First LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats up! I'm new to the group, serial DIYer, last project was a Land Rover Disco II, this is my first Land Cruiser. So far I love the truck but this is going to be a huge project. Any advise?
03356642-7663-4735-9490-505BFA0CDECB_1_105_c.jpeg
1931626E-CCF8-4DA0-A4CC-909CC123687C_1_105_c.jpeg
6BF3B7DE-879C-498B-8558-728418153563_1_105_c.jpeg

welcome and beautiful 100! Agree with previous comment. Rust 1st, it is the biggest weakness of the 100 and will nullify anything else you do. Having said that, recently Went through mine (2004) and every mount and bushing was dry-rotted (if not destroyed). The 4 with actual rubber missing were: lower control arms, trans mount, and the front diff mount (radiator side). But mine was at 300k miles. Just things to look at While going through it and you can assess for yourself.

As stated above get the rust under control. I would also start with the basic baselining all fluids. Check heater T's, timing belt, and water pump. Spend a lot of time readying the FAQ's (a ton of great info there). Make a list and work your list.

MUD welcome :flipoff2:

Welcome, if there’s no timing belt sticker or service records, that must be done every 90k, so may want to do that. And if you’re going to do that, then you might as well replace the water pump, pulleys, tensioners and drive belt. Check the underside of the body back in trunk for rust. check OTRAMM‘s pre purchase inspection points:

Last edited:
Whats up! I'm new to the group, serial DIYer, last project was a Land Rover Disco II, this is my first Land Cruiser. So far I love the truck but this is going to be a huge project. Any advise?
View attachment 3415692View attachment 3415691View attachment 3415695
Great ride! Nice to see another New England driver. I’m in Massachusetts. Also, black rig for me, ‘05.

Hit all your fluids obviously - diffs, trans case, oil, brake, power steering, coolant. Replace heater tees, air filters if you got em, engine air filter, fuel filter. That’ll be a good start. Wheel bearings supposed to be repacked with grease every 30k.
IMG_0703.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom