Help identifying modifications of my 60 front end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Years ago a bought an 85 Fj60 and I am just getting around to planning some modifications, but I am having trouble immediately identifying what I have. I pulled the front leafs off, and in the process have wrecked the front pins. The truck has a shackle swap kit of some sort, a high steer kit (unsure of what company) and I think the steering pump has been replaced/relocated but I am not sure. Would some of you more educated than I be willing to take a look?

Thanks,
Wes
IMG_20200120_094913.jpg

IMG_20200120_094916.jpg

IMG_20200120_094918.jpg

IMG_20200120_094924.jpg

the rear spring hangers look stock, shackles are not.
it does not appear to have a hi steer setup on it
the steering box looks stock and in the stock location on the frame,
no pic of a power steering pump?

my opinion on the front hangers would be to remove the current brackets and get a pair of stock hangers and re-install and move the shackles back to the front

Sorry, meant steering box not pump.

I have heard lots of mixed reviews on shackle reversal, is it more trouble than its worth? The front hangers are in bad shape so they are getting cut and replaced regardless

What I see: shackle reversal kit, I’ve seen before but don’t remember who built it. This one
obviously was for getting as much height as possible.
Steering box looks fine.
Again on the RH side, the steering bracket from the top of the knuckle looks like it has a funny angle,
but that might be picture angle. Are the angles the same for the two brackets LH and RH?
Rear solid spring brackets are still there, so if you can find the factory front upper spring hanger
you can easily revert back to factory stock. Getting the correct distance and alignment is important.
Are you going to rebuild the TRE or replace them?
Just saw the new seal kit on the back of the knuckle, so
the knuckles were rebuilt or at the very least a sweeper kit was installed.

Last edited:
Totally stock with the exception of a shackle reversal. As long as the truck drives well, I would leave it as is. It would be a lot of time and effort to undo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom