Help - FJ62 - Coolant leaking from Rear heater core (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure but just a theory...when you have a bubble of air in the engine could it run down to the thermostat and the T stat not opening because the air is cooler than the water and doesn't melt the wax in the t stat to actuate it? But if that were true, wouldn't you need to park the vehicle downhill to get the air bubble away from the t'stat? Most threads I've read talk about jacking the front of the truck UP to burp it.

I cant tell by your picture really what line is where, Follow the lines and make sure you have an inlet and outlet, Feel the heater lines, make sure they're hot. Its possible your heater core is just really dirty.

What you have looks like this I think.
Im now 89% sure this is what you want.

Here's my super high quality bypass guide.

View attachment 2917045
Sorry I'm coming a little late to this. Referring to post #36, I think if you connect this way with the green line, you now have a short circuit through the rear heater take offs that could effectively bypass your front heater. Don't loop the take offs but cap them both.

The diagram below shows the OEM set up for the FJ62 heater. when there is no rear heater (W/O Rear Heater). When there is no rear heater the take off port on the upper pipe is capped (items circled in red). Also with no rear heater hoses 87256E and 87256C and pipe 87249A are replaced with hose 87246A to connect the port on the firewall for the front heater with the lower pipe (items in green) If you can source the hose 87246A you can remove the items crossed out in the drawing. If you can't source it then cap the take off port on pipe 87249A (blue). The caps (part number 90339-13009) seem like they are still available from toyota. I'm not sure about the hose 87246A. The toyota part number is 87245-90A28. This may cross reference to Gates 18821.

1660913982502.png

1660913515303.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom