HELP! Cross threaded upper shock mount bolts.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have the part numbers or advice on how I should continue:/ ps I’m a teenager that’s why I got myself into this situation...
image.jpg

90119-10652

You are going to have to chase the threads on the other side as well or you will toast the new ones too.
Thank you for the part number, can you explain how to chase the threads?

90119-10652

You are going to have to chase the threads on the other side as well or you will toast the new ones too.
one more question since your quite the library of knowledge, which way does the shock mounting plate go? Is it the hole side towards the car or away?

one more question since your quite the library of knowledge, which way does the shock mounting plate go? Is it the hole side towards the car or away?

Slotted side in towards center of vehicle.
Hole side is out towards the exterior of the vehicle

You can see it here:

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 16.47.37.png

Some tips:
Always start your bolts and nuts by hand at least 1- 1/2 turns before putting any kind of wrench to it, ratchet or impact.
If you turn the fastener backward in its hole you will feel the start of the threads drop into alignment, then rotate forward a couple of turns to start the fastener. (It takes a little "feel", you'll figure it out)
Get a cheap set of calipers to size bolts, or a thread ID plate from Harbor Freight.
To fix the bolt you'll need a thread file,

DO NOT RUN A DIE DOWN OVER THE BOLT, it will 1) cut it slightly undersiz on the pitch diameter and 2) its a cold formed threaded bolt and you'll create stress risers in the thread root.

Slotted side in towards center of vehicle.
Hole side is out towards the exterior of the vehicle

You can see it here:

View attachment 2265226

Im 99% sure that you're mistaken.

Hole towards the center, slot towards the exterior.

The mounting plates are actually marked "L" and "R" on top.

Yes, PN does indicate LH/RH.

No, i mean each plate is marked "L" and "R" on top - to indicate the orientation in which it must be mounted.

Slot to outside, just crawled under mine to look.

Negative. L/R indications stamped/marked on part will always indicate orientation on LH/RH side of vehicle.

Trust me, each plate has "L" AND "R" stamped on it. On the passenger side plate the R would be stamped near the slot, and on the d.s. plate R is stamped near the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom