HELP!! 12HT into HJ60 2H Chassis mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently in the process of planting my 12ht from an 1988 HJ61 into a 1988 HJ60 Chassis that had a 2H in it.

The mounts on the engine block are at a far steeper angle to the mounts located on the chassis. They line up okay, but when we tighten them down they stretch the rubber mounts out... the engine was also about 10 degrees off centre...

After a bit of looking around I found a post saying you have to change the RHS (drivers side - correct if wrong) with the old 2H RHS mount, the one with the power steering bracket attached.

I found a wrecker who sold me one (No idea what they look like but i assumed he was right). The angle matched perfectly, however now it is no where near long enough to reach the chassis mount. It also doesnt solve my problem of the other mount still being at the wrong angle.

Ill post some pictures of what I am working with. Currently dont have the old motor (never did) and the old HJ61 chassis (recently got rid of it for space issues).

Anything in red is 12HT original, ill post the 2H mount I bought off the wrecker too.

Also, the gearbox cross member is correctly in place and loose, supporting the transmission but allowing some play while we move the engine.

20200519_121934.jpg

20200519_121914.jpg

20200519_121944.jpg

20200519_122000.jpg

20200519_122041.jpg

You're missing part of the 2H mounts. Here are some pictures of my 2H mounts that I welded into my FJ60 frame. You can see there are some spacers under the motor mounts to get you to the correct angle.

EDIT: Oh, and 10° off centre is correct. The 2H and 12HT do not sit parallel to centreline of the frame/truck.

IMG_20190606_170159.jpg

IMG_20190606_170209.jpg

Cheers georgebj60

No idea those were a thing, must have stayed on the 2H when it came out of the shell i purchased.

quick search and they look pretty rare... I've found some in the same country as me so fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help mate, appreciate it greatly!

Shouldn't be hard to find In Australia. Good luck it's definitely worth the effort if you want to drive on a road with other cars or tow anything. Have you got the fuel tank and lines?

got the tank, dont have the lines - yet another thing i'm finding out I should have taken from the donor car

oh well! now i know

got the tank, dont have the lines - yet another thing i'm finding out I should have taken from the donor car

oh well! now i know
Unless your original tank and lines have issues you should not need the ones off the 61. I’ve never converted a 2H but all the 60’s I’ve converted to 12HT’s I’ve been able to use the original metal fuel lines along the frame rail as well as the tanks. The tanks do have different part #’s but I’ve had several side by side and can’t find a difference. I’ve also plugged a 61 tank into a gasser 60 and it worked great. Good luck with your build.

Unless your original tank and lines have issues you should not need the ones off the 61. I’ve never converted a 2H but all the 60’s I’ve converted to 12HT’s I’ve been able to use the original metal fuel lines along the frame rail as well as the tanks. The tanks do have different part #’s but I’ve had several side by side and can’t find a difference. I’ve also plugged a 61 tank into a gasser 60 and it worked great. Good luck with your build.
12ht has a return line 2h Does NOT

Ok. Good to know. I’ve never worked with a 2H.
I've just finished putting a 2h2ihnto a hj61, I know I know it should have a 12ht but I can't afford it lol.....the only difference I came across was the oil temp sensor in the head of the 2h2ihs on the side of the block of the 12ht

I've just finished putting a 2h2ihnto a hj61, I know I know it should have a 12ht but I can't afford it lol.....the only difference I came across was the oil temp sensor in the head of the 2h2ihs on the side of the block of the 12ht
I'm running a 2h2whith an auto injector pump so that has a lot to do with the setup.....2h auto is the same as 12ht without boost compensator.......12ht has 9mm plungers and the 2h has 7mm plungers and the 12ht fires at 14° before tdc and the 2h2fhores 11° befroe tdc

Ok. Good to know. I’ve never worked with a 2H.
I'm running a 2h2whith an auto injector pump so that has a lot to do with the setup.....2h auto is the same as 12ht without boost compensator.......12ht has 9mm plungers and the 2h has 7mm plungers and the 12ht fires at 14° before tdc and the 2h2fhores 11° befroe tdc if u want to know anything else just hit me up.....I think you might need the glow timer controllers too for the heater plate in the 12ht coz 2h has glow plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom