Hello from Argentina! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to you all.
I am a new member from Argentina. I recently purchased a 1993 FZJ80 in overall good condition. This beasts are har to find unmodified in Argentina, since they were not imported directly by TOYOTA, instead by private owners.
It has 200.000 miles, and running good. Some minor repairs to be made, and lots of love to give to this beautiful LC.
Build will consist of suspension upgrade, rear drawers, snorkel, OME suspension, KO2's, roof rack, diff breathers and other minor accessories.
I am also owner of a VDJ200, 2013 with 185.000 Km. Lovely truck, and lovely engine.
The love for Cruisers keeps growing every day!
Anyways, would like to thank every member in this forum for the more than valuable information and expreriences shared with the community, they come in very handy when starting a new project!
Cheers!
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 14.48.21.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 15.00.53.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 15.00.26.png

Welcome! Beautiful country you have down there and rigs :)

Welcome to Mud... that 80 looks like new. Congrats on finding it. There are suspensions on the market these days that are much better than OME stuff and would be worth looking into.

Welcome to Mud... that 80 looks like new. Congrats on finding it. There are suspensions on the market these days that are much better than OME stuff and would be worth looking into.
Thanks!
It is in pretty good condition.
A few leaks mainly in transfer case and transmission seals, and a full knuckle re build.
Also going to change all of the fluids and filters, check valve clearance, timing, EFI and a complete revision of brake pads, rotors and stuff.
A good interior detail and I am all set to go!

Cheers

Here's a few bad photos from the underbody and knuckles.
It is highly visible the need for a knuckle rebuild.
Also the leaks I mentioned earlier
PHOTO-2020-09-19-11-38-51.jpg
PHOTO-2020-09-19-11-38-51 2.jpg
PHOTO-2020-09-19-11-38-50.jpg
PHOTO-2020-09-19-11-38-50 2.jpg

9a8e3848-a8c7-436c-948e-c51351dd9746.JPG

Hi, Cruiser looks good. I was in Cordova not long ago we had a lot of fun touring tha historical sites. Mike

Welcome and nice 80! Looks like the typical seal protecting rust prevention leaks. :rofl:

Nice 80 series.
Good beef in Argentina.

Welcome to Mud.

Te felicito! Yo naci en Buenos Aires(Urquiza), pero vine a los EEUU a los 7 años. Como me gustaria manejar mi Land Cruiser desde California a Argentina! Si necesitas ayuda con partes o halgo, mandame un PM.

El serie 200 lo vende Toyota directo en Argentina?

Diego

Te felicito! Yo naci en Buenos Aires(Urquiza), pero vine a los EEUU a los 7 años. Como me gustaria manejar mi Land Cruiser desde California a Argentina! Si necesitas ayuda con partes o halgo, mandame un PM.

El serie 200 lo vende Toyota directo en Argentina?

Diego
Hola Diego!
Gracias. Suena como un buen plan lo que planteas!

Toyota vende Land cruiser 200 VX V8 diesel USD 180.000. y Land Cruiser Prado USD 100 y USD 120.000 segun equipamiento!

Just so everybody understands pricing in ARG. We have 2 different dollar prices, oficial (1 USD = 80 pesos) and Blue (1 USD = 160 pesos). It is literally impossible to get dollars at the oficial exchange rate.
In the other hand, pricing on vehicles is at the oficial rate, so a LC200 would be USD90.000 today. Who nows tomorrow?

And to keep things in the 80 series theme, a LC80 is between USD 18 to 25 K (blue rate). And they tend to be really abused.

Gracias por el saludo Diego, estamos en contacto!

Abz

That means, take your US Dollars and go on vacation to Argentina. You'll live like a king in a beautiful country as most things will seem ridiculously cheap. Especially the food and wine, but sadly, not the Land Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom