Hello, I just joined ih8mud! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I just bought a 1996 FZJ 80 from my friend which has been my dream car since I was young.
I don't have much experience fixing up cars but I am hoping to gain knowledge from the experienced ones on this site.
All the best,
Obiwanshinobi

Can anyone recommend a shop where I can take LC to in Brooklyn? someone has working on old LC experiences.
My LC got a bit over 200K, I drove it and before I start working on cosmetic problems, I want to make sure the car is safe to drive. Currently, mine sways often while driving. ABS, speedometer, and parking brake are not working. it got triple locker but the rear differential is not engaging, and I can see a bit of a leak in the rear.

Well, ya bought your first 80, time to buy your first toolbox!!! Lots of good info, not much you wont be able to find the fix for spending a little time searching and reading here. Congrats and :beer:

Yes pics! Welcome to the struggle and enjoyment a lot to learn not only will doing it yourself help your mechanic skills but also it can play into everyday life. Good luck and welcome to the greatest resource!

Can anyone recommend a shop where I can take LC to in Brooklyn? someone has working on old LC experiences.
My LC got a bit over 200K, I drove it and before I start working on cosmetic problems, I want to make sure the car is safe to drive. Currently, mine sways often while driving. ABS, speedometer, and parking brake are not working. it got triple locker but the rear differential is not engaging, and I can see a bit of a leak in the rear.
It will be difficult to find anyone in New York state that knows land cruisers yet alone Brooklyn or New York city. They just aren't popular in that area at all.

Welcome to the Dark Side. If its been in the NE is whole life, I hope you have a lightsaber (oxy acetylene torch) for the rusty bolts that are going to be under that beast. Can't be stuck if its a liquid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom