Hello from a new member! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to take a minute to say Hi! I've FINALLY got my hands on a BJ42; a Canadian LHD 1982 that has seen mostly good care by previous owners. It's going into winter storage in order to avoid Quebec road salt, but will be getting some early spring TLC next April. I'm planning on spending some time this winter gathering resources and information, so will probably have quite a few questions!

The only major parts I'm missing are rear ambulance doors and one rear "jump seat"; otherwise it just needs a complete tune up, some minor rust attention, and a bit of detailing.

I've had 3 CJ7's, including one Canadian military edition, but this is really the vehicle I've been waiting for.

Cheers!
BJ42 Woods.JPG

Welcome and nice rig!!!!! More pics please.........:beer:

Very nice! This seems to be the best place for info on cruisers- bar none.

Look forward to seeing more of your rig...

:cheers:

You have definitely come to the right place! Awesome BJ42! More pictures, the better.

Welcome to the madness, addiction and money pit. Looks great!
BTW, did we tell you that we want more pictures?

Rudi

Nice truck.

Steve @ EBI cruisers is a good source in BC. Crushers is over on your coast, never met him though.

Congrats ! nice truck, nice color

So next April the madness really starts !

:cheers:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've attached a couple more pics; unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) my adventures with this BJ are just starting, so the pics are nothing special. As you'll see there's a bit of surface rust here and there, and my primary winter project is to hunt down rear doors and a rear seat!

BJ42 Interior.JPG
BJ42 interior 2.JPG
BJ42 engine.JPG
BJ42 right side.JPG

Looks like the inner fenders have been replaced. I'd add some form of frame tie-ins for the roll bar, because it's likely just on sheet metal... Unless your inner fenders are thicker than the frame like mine are... :D

I used a fleece Blanket to line the roof, worked well, but next time I'll spring for the more expensive $20 blanket.

Thanks! Yes, I need a headliner; the blanket's a good idea. The inner fenders have been replaced ... good eye. I hadn't thought about the roll bar, but will check it out. On the original truck the roll bars were anchored directly to the frame, correct? Otherwise, what's the point?! I'll definitely investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom