Hello ALL, Wish me luck 1994 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pressure washing an old engine can cause a lot of strange electrical issues.
Yes, as read up on many threads here, I shot it with the stream (red one to keep it more precise) and it did it's usual things like running a little rough after, but this thing sits in a garage, so after a few days of sitting around its back to running normal, dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree so I doubt I set off one more sensor 😂

Honestly, with a weekend, an angle grinder, a welder and some steel, I think you could have it back into a state where it's safe to drive. It'll never be pretty, but if you sure up the frame and fix some mechanical issues I think you could just keep it and wheel it into the sunset.

Honestly, with a weekend, an angle grinder, a welder and some steel, I think you could have it back into a state where it's safe to drive. It'll never be pretty, but if you sure up the frame and fix some mechanical issues I think you could just keep it and wheel it into the sunset.

Picked up a harbor freight needler and this is definitely the truck to try it out on. It's raining rust, lmao. Also you cab see a new bleeder screw on the lspv, after bleeding all the brakes twice along with the lspv (changing all bleeder screws as well) I have somewhat workable brakes. Working on your back in tight space is getting harder the older I get, lol

Last edited:
I was wondering if I could get some help, so I took the plastic cover off the inside of the rear passenger (where the subwoofer goes) and there was soooooooo much mud PACKED in there, it was like clay almost, it was wrapped around the wires and everything. So after cleaning it up, there's a white plug (connector) probably has about 5 or 6. It's pins. It's rusted out and needs to be replaced, but what is it for? It's not connected to anything, the speaker is there and has its own plug. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again guys

Screenshot_20200617-082035.png

I was wondering if I could get some help, so I took the plastic cover off the inside of the rear passenger (where the subwoofer goes) and there was soooooooo much mud PACKED in there, it was like clay almost, it was wrapped around the wires and everything. So after cleaning it up, there's a white plug (connector) probably has about 5 or 6. It's pins. It's rusted out and needs to be replaced, but what is it for? It's not connected to anything, the speaker is there and has its own plug. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again guys

View attachment 2342909
There are few plugs back there that don't do anything on a US spec 80. I believe there was additional wiring for the ambulance style doors that they sold worldwide, except for the US. Without seeing it, I can't say for sure if that is what it is, but it could be. Do you have a wiring harness for a trailer? That is back there too.

There are few plugs back there that don't do anything on a US spec 80. I believe there was additional wiring for the ambulance style doors that they sold worldwide, except for the US. Without seeing it, I can't say for sure if that is what it is, but it could be. Do you have a wiring harness for a trailer? That is back there too.

There are a few wires that have completely rotted away from the connector. It's a mess, 😂

IMG_20200617_163925.jpg

IMG_20200617_163921.jpg

You can officially close the book on my land crusier ownership. 😂. It's been a long journey, she's headed for Africa. Guy says it cost him 1200 to ship, plus 1200 he paid me (I lost like 800 on the deal, but I gained a story) and 2400 for a triple locked LC in Africa and he's winning. Super excited to he was to buy it, a few months back I sold my 97 jeep wrangler to my brother so I'm out of the truck game. Hopefully not for too long, I have my eyes on a 2001 Ford Excursion (any advise) v10 rust on the body but not Frame, about 170k miles priced under 2k. Anyway, I'll still keep my eye out for a clean LC but this one is officially sold (well paid for at time of post, but shipper hasn't shown up to haul it off to NJ port). Thanks everything guys

Great story and the stories matter. There are other great communities around certain vehicles. Get what you will love and that has a great community behind it. Life is too short to have a car that you don't care about and that doesn't have people around it to help you enjoy it.

Great story and the stories matter. There are other great communities around certain vehicles. Get what you will love and that has a great community behind it. Life is too short to have a car that you don't care about and that doesn't have people around it to help you enjoy it.
Damm right. I've loved all my cars that I've owned, you sound like an awesome car friend. I hope there's a LC in my future, ownership of this one was fun and tinkering with it during the lockdown was also great to have something to do. Keep on truckin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom