Hella H4 low beams in FJ62 - impressions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

36C48936-8182-4508-9D8B-9398E3513FC9.jpeg
This thread is almost two years old. In a perfect world right now, are the Hella H4s still the way to go? I will be upgrading my harness for sure already. I’m now focusing on headlamp options. Looking for brighter than stock and a “white” light or not as yellow as I have right now. The previous owner had Wagner Halogens installed with what I’m guessing is the stock wiring.

@SteveH and / or @BTUMAN, could you please explain what wires need to be swapped using the pigtail adaptor??
I have made up the adaptor to suit h4 bulbs, but am unsure of what wires need to be swapped in the original connector...
Photos would be great!!!
Thanks heaps!

@SteveH and / or @BTUMAN, could you please explain what wires need to be swapped using the pigtail adaptor??
I have made up the adaptor to suit h4 bulbs, but am unsure of what wires need to be swapped in the original connector...
Photos would be great!!!
Thanks heaps!
Were you ever able to go ahead with the swap and figure out what wires needed to be swapped to gain full advantage of the lights?

I cracked the hella hella headlight in just normal use on my 60. I wasn’t happy with that.

The Koito headlights are far superior. I will end up with a set of koito low beams on this 62 as well.

I cracked the hella hella headlight in just normal use on my 60. I wasn’t happy with that.

The Koito headlights are far superior. I will end up with a set of koito low beams on this 62 as well.
If you're going to spend money on high end headlights, I highly recommend the JW Speaker LED assemblies. Not cheap at all, but worth every penny. Polycarbonate lenses, so very resistant to rocks and debris, and easy to wire in once the Mud 60 Series Collective nailed down the best method (does not require a complete harness).

I finally invested in a set when one of my Hella lenses got shattered, and it's one of the best mods I've done to my 62. Honestly I'd say second only to the H55F.

Were you ever able to go ahead with the swap and figure out what wires needed to be swapped to gain full advantage of the lights?
I made up 3x piggy tail leads and kept trying combinations until they worked (none of the suggested solutions worked for me..)
I wired a relay for low beam and one for high beam - both off the battery and using the existing lights only as triggers….

They are pricey as hell, but the trucklites are stupid bright and have a super crisp cutoff line. They dont draw much power so stock wiring should be good. Had them on my minitruck and now have them on the 60

If you're going to spend money on high end headlights, I highly recommend the JW Speaker LED assemblies. Not cheap at all, but worth every penny. Polycarbonate lenses, so very resistant to rocks and debris, and easy to wire in once the Mud 60 Series Collective nailed down the best method (does not require a complete harness).

I finally invested in a set when one of my Hella lenses got shattered, and it's one of the best mods I've done to my 62. Honestly I'd say second only to the H55F.
Can anyone forward me links to the upgrade wiring harness? I see ARB mentioned; I just got to the Philippine Feb 18, 2022, and lowhi beams acting crazy. Can anyone tell me where to look for the relay? Please forward links if you have time. Ty

Can anyone forward me links to the upgrade wiring harness? I see ARB mentioned; I just got to the Philippine Feb 18, 2022, and lowhi beams acting crazy. Can anyone tell me where to look for the relay? Please forward links if you have time. Ty
My 1988 HJ61 24v import from Japan, converted to LHD. They were seemingly working ok couple years ago. Drivers Lo not staying lit w/o a jumper ground on it. And most not very bright. I ll upgrade.

I have a 24v jdm HJ61 and trying to upgrade my lights. A bit confused with all the answers but would I need a harness swap too?

Also why are your hella glasses shattering? From impact or heat?

Has anyone put in LEDs from Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom