Heater ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've never had an issue with my heaters pumping out plenty of heat. Today is the 1st time this year I've cranked them up and...nada. After about 15 20 mins air started to get luke warm. Any suggestions before I start digging under the hood.

Any suggestions before I start digging under the hood.
I'd just start digging under the hood. :) Maybe the shut off valve on the firewall is jammed or the thermostat isn't working right. Feel your heater hoses and see if hot.

Second that, feel the hoses on the passenger side of the heater. If not hot, pop the hood and feel them coming into the heater valve on the firewall.

Have you drained the coolant recently, could be air in the lines. When I flushed mine, it took a while to burb it all out of the heater lines.

Another possibility is a build up of sludge that has accumulated to the point where water flow is impeded. Typically, this is a gradual process, not a sudden occurrence. Nevertheless, if you go this troubleshooting route, the important part is to reverse backflush the system as this is the most effective way to lossen and remove any built-up sludge.

I was amazed at the amount of sludge I removed using this method.

Good luck.

I flushed the coolant system and replaced the t-stat a couple of years ago. Probably wouldn't hurt to do it again. Will definitely do the back flush

When you flush open the drain on the side of the block. Run water through until clear. Most likely the T - stat

And if water does not come out of that valve you need to dig out the sludge with a pick.

I know this is elementary but there are two places to turn on to get heat in a Pig.
The switch on the dash just moves the blower to the floor.
The knob under the dash must
Be pulled. That opens
The valve under the hood.

My money is on the valve being stuck or cable clamp on the valve backing off.

I found that my rear heater wasn’t working cause all the lines had been stuffed with dirt and I don’t know what else. Pulled em out rammed them with a coat hanger till they were clear. I was amazed and sad that all that stuff must be in the engine to.

I was amazed and sad that all that stuff must be in the engine to.
Yeah I’m waiting to see how my heater core flows now that I have a functioning valve, the rad was so full of crap it was cold in the centre. I did run some cleaner through the system before I dropped the rad, lots of rusty muddy crap flushed out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom