Heater Control Valve Cable is Seized (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1994 land cruiser and the cable that connects to the heater control valve seized up and, until I figured out the problem, I wasn’t getting heat in my car. I moved the valve myself so that I could get heat. If the valve isn’t leaking any coolant, can I continue to drive? The only thing that seems to be wrong is that I cannot control the cold/hot airflow from within the car.

Drive on man, drive on. That's all that cable does. How to fix that I dont know

The motor that moves it could be the issue. Have you unhooked both ends to verify it is indeed the cable?

The motor that moves it could be the issue. Have you unhooked both ends to verify it is indeed the cable?
Unhooked both ends of what? The valve? I’m just able to see that the cable is seized and no longer connected to the valve. I’ve attached some images that might help.

6AB64890-108F-4C59-9264-371FACC5B5E6.jpeg

EC344AFD-1D69-4E50-A93C-A981A4E68975.jpeg

I ran with mine bypassed for about a year. There was not a noticable decrease in AC performance.
Did you notice any difference in heat performance? It’s unfortunately still acting like winter where I live so I have the valve turned to allow hot airflow

Mine was seized once upon a time. I freed it by getting access to both ends after spraying in anti-seize and working the cable with pliers. Years later and it's still working fine.

If it does turn out to be the motor, is it smart to keep driving it or no?
Personally, I would probably open the valve when winter hit, and close it back when summer hit.

There is absolutely zero negative effect on anything to keep you from driving the truck.

Has anyone replaced this cable? I seem to hve stretched mine, won’t open the valve entirely without some encouragement at the point of connection from cable to valve. I assume this is a dash out job? Should I be looking to replace some dash lights when I do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom