Headliner Opinions Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@fyton2v @cruiserkev @1911 Who is the best source for carpet on this?
I assume going marine is the best option, 1/4 thickness or there abouts.

Any benefit in heat reduction on different applications? Carpet only vs. carpet plus deadener?
Its not AZ but Summer time in GA in a no a/c 40 can make you sweat.

Did anyone use sound deadener before the cheap carpet route?
I used Noico sound deadener on the big mat in the back and the 2 front floor mats. Specifically so I did not put any deadening on the tub.

Thanks in advance gents

Any benefit in heat reduction on different applications? Carpet only vs. carpet plus deadener?

I used Noico sound deadener on the big mat in the back and the 2 front floor mats. Specifically so I did not put any deadening on the tub.

Thanks in advance gents
Bought everything at Lowes. 1/4 inch carpet came in a 6 x 8 foot roll. No sound deadening, just several tubes of adhesive. Used my old headliner as a template and installed with the top off/upside down to ensure maximum bonding and smoothness. Took less than an hour to complete and no complaints after several months of use.

Thanks in advance gents

I bought mine at a local upholstery shop; there are several lakes not far away so they do a fair amount of boat business. Mine is just plain marine carpet, glued on without any other deadener or insulation.

Thanks @1911 and @cruiserkev your replies help a lot.
My truck is very nice to me, but its no restoration by any means.
A $50 project sounds great vs. $200 plus and I would be satisfied with either:meh:. Also goes along with my Valspar IH red rattle can theme on the outside.

Last edited:
I need to do this soon. I found foam backed headliner material. IT is not an exact match but close. It seems wide enough to not need a seam. The width is 67". There is very little if any room for error or trim though.

Sewing foam backed headliner?? Wouldn't that leave a lump? I can find perforated foam back vinyl headliner but it is 54" wide only.

Is there anything about glue compatibility issues I should know? What kind of contact cement? I tend to use #77 for this kind of thing. I would back brush it on the fiberglass and apply carefully on the fabric. I see suggestions to work my way along in sections. I see others suggesting doing it all at once, using sticks to prevent premature contact. Is one way preferred over the other?

Has anyone experience with the Cruiser Corps headliner kit?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom