Head Light Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted before and afters in my build thread. I know. Lots of s*** in my build threads. But there is a noticeable difference. If I am not too lazy I might go find them and post them.

You must be seeing a different picture than I am. I see one bright light, one dim light, and nothing lit up by the lights. To me, you can't gather anything from that picture. They may work great, but to me that picture sure doesn't show it. How does it look from the only place it matters, the driver's seat?

No worries. I'm assuming you're happy with them. I just thought it was funny that someone would say those are great from that picture.

For me, I'm not a fan of retrofitting LEDs into halogen housings. I've not been pleased with the results. It's not a brightness issue but a pattern issue. My experience has been uneven light, stray light, hot spots, etc. I'll take the 9011 HIR bulbs any day. And cheap too. YMMV.

Is there a part # for some plug and play LED headlights? Still using standard bulbs in the factory headlights. Would love to switch them out.

You must be seeing a different picture than I am. I see one bright light, one dim light, and nothing lit up by the lights. To me, you can't gather anything from that picture. They may work great, but to me that picture sure doesn't show it. How does it look from the only place it matters, the driver's seat?

Maybe we are looking a different picture:meh: but there is no doubt that they are brighter. Brighter is what I'm after.

And looking at the picture you can see the reach or shine of the LED extends farther down the road and the width of the light is broader too. Looks like a good match for logging roads. But hey if it's not your bag no worries. Eye of the beholder...or driver.:)

Its not that the stock projector housings aren't designed for LED's its just that they are designed for a specific location and orientation of the filament. Depos use H1 & H4 bulbs. The low beams have a sheild under the filament that blocks direct light from the filament to certain parts of the reflector housing. If you get an LED unit that has the low beam diode in about the same location as the stock H4 bulb AND it has a lower light shield on it (like mine shown below) you can get it close.

The third thing you need yo adjust is the rotation of the element. You must adjust the diode holder so that its oriented the same way the stock H4 bulb is. It takes some trial and error but ultimately you can get it pretty darn close. I marked the spot with a sharpie. These lights also had a lock nut on the collar that you screw in when you find the butter zone.
img_2275-jpg.1641969

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom