Head Light Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did yours come in a big Ol' honking box? Sheeeesh... Rock Auto must have lost money on just the packaging.

HUGE box...stuffed full of filler, bulbs inside of another smaller box that contained the white box the bulbs were actually in. You would think these things were radioactive or something. Maybe they hire ex-drug smugglers to package them? ;)

Yep, great price and light output, have installed a bunch of them. I got news, Rock Auto doesn't have any parts or shipping packers. They came from whatever parts WD that was closest to your location and had them in stock!:hillbilly:

Yep, great price and light output, have installed a bunch of them. I got news, Rock Auto doesn't have any parts or shipping packers. They came from whatever parts WD that was closest to your location and had them in stock!:hillbilly:

That would explain how I got them the very next day. Doesn't explain why they were packaged in a box within a box within a box. But I suppose there was never a case where 'too much wasn't enough'. Not even UPS would have destroyed these.

That would explain how I got them the very next day. Doesn't explain why they were packaged in a box within a box within a box. But I suppose there was never a case where 'too much wasn't enough'. Not even UPS would have destroyed these.

Seems kinda random, some shipments come in appropriate sized packages, some of the WDs seem have a policy to use uniform box sizes?

Seems kinda random, some shipments come in appropriate sized packages, some of the WDs seem have a policy to use uniform box sizes?

Same is true of Potato Chips then.

Got a bag seemingly 3 times larger than it needed to be just the other day.

Got my 9011 bulbs put in place today (for low beams). Already had them in the high beams.

Checked them tonight. Wow....quite a difference. OEM lights were fairly dim and bit yellowish. New ones project a bit farther...but mainly its just MORE light and a whiter/brighter light.

For my purposes...I really won't need anything more.

Installed my 9011s and tested them out tonight and agree, Wow. I had no idea that the stock housings could work this well and am glad to not need to worry about changing anything else out. 9011s in high and low beams and my lighting problems are solved. Thanks for the recommendation and testing that lead to these bulbs being in my truck.

While installing the bulbs I found out that I don't have any of the rubber covers that go over the bulb/socket/etc. from the back of the light housing. They seem to be discontinued on the parts sites. Anybody have a lead on an alternate part that will work or place to source these?

Thanks,

I just got my 9011s installed and wow.... what a difference. The RockAuto price was so good I ordered up 4 more just to have as spares.

I ordered 4 of these, 2 for the low beams and 2 for the high beams only to find because of my setup I can't run one of the high beams. They put out a stupid amount of light but I wouldn't use them for the low beams again. I have never had anyone flash me, but I know it must be too bright....

dsc00351-jpg.1048427

dsc00380-jpg.1048978

I ordered 4 of these, 2 for the low beams and 2 for the high beams only to find because of my setup I can't run one of the high beams. They put out a stupid amount of light but I wouldn't use them for the low beams again. I have never had anyone flash me, but I know it must be too bright....

dsc00351-jpg.1048427

dsc00380-jpg.1048978

What kind of bulbs are these and are you running these in the stock housings? Any upgraded wiring harness? Looks like they would be great just for the high beams!

Did yours come in a big Ol' honking box? Sheeeesh... Rock Auto must have lost money on just the packaging.

HUGE box...stuffed full of filler, bulbs inside of another smaller box that contained the white box the bulbs were actually in. You would think these things were radioactive or something. Maybe they hire ex-drug smugglers to package them? ;)
View attachment 1713252
That is literally how 90% of my rock auto orders come packaged. Im pretty sure they use former Russian nesting doll makers to package things. Crazy though that you can get the same denso, bando etc... parts for a lot of toyota stuff for a fraction of what the dealers sell them and they come shipped in a manner which makes you think they'e losing money on the packaging....so how badly are the dealerships raping their customers? Obviously rock auto isn't losing money.

What kind of bulbs are these and are you running these in the stock housings? Any upgraded wiring harness? Looks like they would be great just for the high beams!

Why would you think they would work great? Because they are LEDs?

Well they do work great, they put out a huge amount of light at less power draw, but the only concern would be brightness to other drivers. Like I said I have never been flashed or anything but it is bright. High beams are great.

Why would you think they would work great? Because they are LEDs?

They were a Phillips LED chip that I installed March 2015, have had no issues with them, but at the rate LED's improve I am sure there is something better out there now.

Well they do work great, they put out a huge amount of light at less power draw, but the only concern would be brightness to other drivers. Like I said I have never been flashed or anything but it is bright. High beams are great.

@Cruzerman Bingo, this ^ his picture of his brights look way better than what I got and I thought as long as I just use them as brights I don't see a problem. I figured they would be perfect for logging roads late at night.

You must be seeing a different picture than I am. I see one bright light, one dim light, and nothing lit up by the lights. To me, you can't gather anything from that picture. They may work great, but to me that picture sure doesn't show it. How does it look from the only place it matters, the driver's seat?

I lost a headlight lense earlier this year; could not find a replace Kent and ordered Depos. Been very happy - light output is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom