80 suspension upgrade, brakes and Bumpers. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my 80 I bought, I jumped off the deep end and upgraded my suspension, with an Ironman stage 3 2 inch lift, Ironman Foam Cell Shocks, caster bushings, upper / lower trailing arms.

While doing the suspension, I changed the brakes hoses Frame to Axle, Axle to Axle to Calipers front and rear. Replaced Brake Rotors with Slotted / Dimpled, New Calipers, Pads, and New Asian Master Cylinder.

Replaced my ARB front bumper and Dobsinsons Rear with Slee front and Slee rear with receiver system. Installed a new 13500 winch today.

Before my suspension upgrade, I installed the Ironman Metal Drawers in back.

The report: the Ironman front lift 2 inch needs sway bar spacers to clear the front drive line to sway bar.
They were not included.

The rear shocks are close to the sway bar but do not interfere with articulation so far.

The new design Foam Cell shocks, not gas charged are great. Ride report, lots of feedback in light bumps felt. Sway through corners at roundabouts is good, positive control throughout. Heavy bump like 20 mph speed hunps, 35 mph like they are not there. Would not spill an open fill cup
Of coffee. Large dips, isn’t an issue, very happy.
No driveline front vibrations up to 85 mph, Zero complaints.

Ironman metal drawers, I was hesitant getting them, I have a hi quaility drawer system in my 100 LC. I can say, they are heavy duty, well built, and very functional. The included wings fit nice and was a great addition. The locking handles on the drawers preload the drawer against the snubber to prevent rattles! Yes! No squeaks no noise!

The downside, drawers when open if not flat, slide open when uphill, or close downhill. No latch in open position it there. Also the back of the drawer doesn’t come out flush to the upper area, it’s stays recessed back to allow overlap of the roller system. With this type of rollers you do loose some drawer width compared to other slides like on my other drawer system.

For the price in comparison, these are hard to beat.

Take care

Tex

IMG_7210.jpeg

IMG_7204.jpeg

IMG_7200.jpeg

IMG_7209.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

Look great, what did you do for castor correction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom