Events/Trails HDC Campout 10/23-25 (1 Viewer)

Attendance for the Campout at Rock Bowl Beach

• Yes, attending Friday and sat

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes attending one night

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • yes, coming out for the day

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are some great shots Stephen! How far out does that first one go??

It looks like you guys had a great time on the trail. Congrats Juan!

Happy trails

That shot went quite aways past Cabezon, probably 30-35 miles. You missed a great ride! Be safe!

I won't get my HDJ81 80 Series 4.2L 24v TD until Late Nov .. I can't wait to go out on group runs ..

We passed some RHDs on Fri as we were heading into Monticello, UT and my passenger has never seen such beasts before. She kept turning her neck as they whizzed by us on 491 :rofl: . A local bud has a HJ42 but I can't get myself to drive it. My brain simply refuses to comply :bang:

We passed some RHDs on Fri as we were heading into Monticello, UT and my passenger has never seen such beasts before. She kept turning her neck as they whizzed by us on 491 :rofl: . A local bud has a HJ42 but I can't get myself to drive it. My brain simply refuses to comply :bang:

It takes about 10 minutes to get used to RHD and add another 5 if it’s a manual.:steer:

Pretend you are delivering mail!

Some random shots from the ride.

E798C60F-48F2-4C00-AE32-704FC38C0AF5.jpeg
ED2C3348-C260-4BF4-8AD9-BBD99AC4A1CF.jpeg
C36B3171-F499-4556-8141-606D2D90B776.jpeg
6A800744-4FBC-44D5-8CBB-810D01549A72.jpeg
8D3E56A7-C8FD-4A1D-A7FF-6E00D9810860.jpeg

Some pictures from the campout and trail ride.
DSCF2972.JPG
DSCF2973.JPG
DSCF2987.JPG
DSCF2989.JPG
DSCF2995.JPG

More pics...
DSCF2998.JPG
DSCF3007.JPG
DSCF3019.JPG
DSCF3028.JPG
DSCF3033.JPG

And a few more...
DSCF3068.JPG
DSCF3073.JPG

The HDC Camp out went off very well. Had Good weather, a good camp site, and we all got to spend some time getting to know each other a little better.
Most folks saw some new country, not far from where they live. We got to try out our equipment and see each other's ideas for camping out of their rigs.
At least were I was standing, not one word of politics, just good old conversation about how nice it is to get out of town.
Some of us got some target shooting in, others got in some hiking, and some got to do some backcountry exploring.
Looking forward to doing this again. Thanks to all who made it out and see ya next time.

Driving on the wrong side of the rig is easy. Driving on the wrong side of the road takes some adjustment.

Great pics, looks like a great time. Juan, tell us about the 'Mog!

Moab was great. I haven't been in a while and was so beautiful. Can anyone recommend a tire shop, preferably on the east side of town, that will fix tires that shops like Discount won't fix? I picked up part of a key on a dirt road somewhere and had to put a plug in it.

Driving on the wrong side of the rig is easy. Driving on the wrong side of the road takes some adjustment.

Moab was great. I haven't been in a while and was so beautiful. Can anyone recommend a tire shop, preferably on the east side of town, that will fix tires that shops like Discount won't fix? I picked up part of a key on a dirt road somewhere and had to put a plug in it.

Yes, Driving on the left side of the road is problematic .. Especially making Right turns .. Driving on the Right Side of the car if you are right handed seems more natural to me ..

I've used Vernado (?) on the corner of San Mateo and Comanche, I think for these types of repairs.

Jeff, sorry I missed this one. Looks like a nice spot and would have been nice to explore.

I was keeping a close eye on it, but had to get to southern CO to winterize the plumbing at our cabin ahead of the incoming storm.

Thanks to all who shared pics.

Ditto on Venado Tire Shop these guys rule... yellow building SE corner. Bring cash, even now

Jeff, sorry I missed this one. Looks like a nice spot and would have been nice to explore.

I was keeping a close eye on it, but had to get to southern CO to winterize the plumbing at our cabin ahead of the incoming storm.

Thanks to all who shared pics.
Weatherizing is a necessary job for any mountain cabin. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. The area is worth exploring. I have not seen near all of the connecting roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom