Hate to ask... but show me your tires

Geez, I hate to post this type of thread but I can't find the pictures I am looking for. I am going back an forth on if I should get new tires (don't need, but want). Looking at 285/75/16 in an MT, probably Firestone Destination MT's. I am on 265's AT's right now and I don't know if just going up to 285' MT's is worth it.

Any 40's with 285/75/16 please post a pic

Thanks!

Yep, these are the responses I figured I would get...

Of course I have searched, several hours worth over the past few months. Just not finding all that many pics of specifically what I am looking for.

285-75/16 Firestone Destination M/T (from Avatar and older pic) . They bite well and make about the same noise as a BFG A/T. Same 23* lug angle from the well proven Firestone Tractor tires. I wish they made them in 315s...Whoops! They do now!! Tire Search by Size
Thanks, that is what I was looking for. A good side shot of a 40 with a similar lift as mine with that size tire and a good head on shot.

The Destination MT has been revised and now comes in a higher load rating as well, but the price went up about $50 a tire.

285-75/16 Firestone Destination M/T (from Avatar and older pic) . They bite well and make about the same noise as a BFG A/T. Same 23* lug angle from the well proven Firestone Tractor tires. I wish they made them in 315s...Whoops! They do now!! Tire Search by Size
And who got those for you at a great deal? :cheers:

Ended up with a set of 285/75/16 BFG MT's. I will post some pics when I get a chance

Did you get the KM2's? That will probably be the next tire I put on the Taco.
Nope, not the KM2's. I was set on getting brand new Destination MT's but found a used set of the BFG's local for $400 with very little wear. The Desitinations were gonna cost $700.

BDSeff1fitty

1975 FJ40
Canadian, i just ordered some km2's. there on national backorder right now so there hard to get right now. i paid $628 for all 4 plus shipping. it came out to 1468 for 4 35/12.5 km2's and 4 15x10 MT classic locks mounted and balanced shipped to my door. should be here next wed or thursday.

BDSeff1fitty

1975 FJ40
Man I just ordered 35"x12.5 BFG KM2's and they will be here Friday. What kind on national backorder do they have?
only 2 places i went to or called actually had them in stock. so some places have them, but 4wp (i called 4wp not a store) and they said they are expecting a shipment, but it will only fill orders that have already been placed, and wont have any left over. some stores will have them, but i think alot of places will be filling backorders. i ordered from onlinetires.com and they had i think 10 left, 4 of which i got. so if yours got shipped you got lucky. how much did you pay for yours?

$828.00 mounted on the wheels (5) each, I bought Dick Cepek DC1's. I have a few conections with the company, been dealing with them for year so they might have done a favor.

Mike-where did you get those fender flares? Are you running a lift or just extended shackles?
Thanks.

Top Bottom