Has anyone relocated their windshield washer reservoir? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious why do you want to relocate it? Does it interfere with an aftermarket front bumper fitment?

Does it interfere with an aftermarket front bumper fitment?

If the OP is running a Dissent bumper then it tends to hang a little below the bumper. It would take the stars to align to have a rock hit it. But anythings possible!

IMG_9808.jpg

I've been meaning to look into this for a while too. It would just be nice to get it out of the wheel well, especially if you have bigger tires.

I need to open it up and see if it could be wired/plumbed to a different type of bottle and put in the engine bay somewhere. Did that on an old BMW once.

Universal reservoir (blowmolded plastic tank or vinyl bag) with pump, available for <$30. The OEM reservoir has 2 pumps (front & rear washers), but a single pump can simply be T'ed with the side effect of reduced flowrate due to both washers spraying simultaneously.

.... but a single pump can simply be T'ed with the side effect of reduced flowrate due to both washers spraying simultaneously.
Remove rear washer and wiper - problem solved. You have side mirrors and camera. Then you can also remove the internal mirror - no use - and get better view forward.

Otherwise, put a Tee before two pumps, if you need both washers.

Universal reservoir (blowmolded plastic tank or vinyl bag) with pump, available for <$30. The OEM reservoir has 2 pumps (front & rear washers), but a single pump can simply be T'ed with the side effect of reduced flowrate due to both washers spraying simultaneously.
Thats lame. And what about the low wiper fluid sensor?

There's room where the AHC pump is/was. Just need to find a normal looking, dual pump reservoir w/ low fluid sensor. I say "normal" because all the Toyota ones seem to have a long fill neck. Perhaps one from a '95 Grand Cherokee.... at least it has two mounts on the same plane.

Amazon product ASIN B01MG0VFRR
Found additional pictures here.

Perfect Fit Group REPJ370528 - Grand Cherokee Windshield Washer Tank, Assy, W/ Dual Pump, Cap, And Sensor Hole

There's room where the AHC pump is/was. Just need to find a normal looking, dual pump reservoir w/ low fluid sensor. I say "normal" because all the Toyota ones seem to have a long fill neck. Perhaps one from a '95 Grand Cherokee.... at least it has two mounts on the same plane.

Amazon product ASIN B01MG0VFRR
Found additional pictures here.

Perfect Fit Group REPJ370528 - Grand Cherokee Windshield Washer Tank, Assy, W/ Dual Pump, Cap, And Sensor Hole

OK this is looking more promising. Unfortunately I'm planning to put the ARB compressor there

Thats lame. And what about the low wiper fluid sensor?
Lame... ouch. I apologize to those washer reservoir connoisseurs to whom I offended ;)
The sensor is a float switch, just secure it in the up position and don't use it. Two smaller universal tanks independent for front & rear would be much simpler to package than one big gallon-sized tank, and you wouldn't need to try to find a dual-pump tank.

Still chuckling at nukes reply. There's a good thread in the 80 section that might give you some ideas & cross compatibility : Washer fluid relocation

I thought about trying to move mine just cause it was sticking out after the bumper install, but covered it with Kydex instead.

IMG_2213.JPG

I had no clue it was down there. Would like a Dissent bumper later and need to have a plan for this. Thanks for bringing it up. Will be watching to see what you come up with.

I asked this same question few weeks ago, no results yet. Im going to attempt to reshape the stock one in an attempt to clear the tire with a heat gun. Will post the results.

I asked this same question few weeks ago, no results yet. Im going to attempt to reshape the stock one in an attempt to clear the tire with a heat gun. Will post the results.
Good luck!

Yours should have it, too. My '99 LX did, at least. Run your tank empty and see what happens.
Funny, I've certainly never been dry so you very well may be right. Or maybe it's a folding mirror / cabin filter kind of luxury ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom