Has anyone made tube doors for an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tube doors I had on my mini truck were very, very strong. They were designed to tranfer any load to the door sill rather than the latch or hinges. .120 wall tube that eventually got dented, but I never bent a hinge.

These doors are sweet!!!! I want some for my 80!!

I've wanted some tube doors myself I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Cheers!

so the tube basically hit in the same place as the original door seal would be thus transferring the load through out the cab.

cool idea

The tube doors I had on my mini truck were very, very strong. They were designed to tranfer any load to the door sill rather than the latch or hinges. .120 wall tube that eventually got dented, but I never bent a hinge.

Here's how I did my doors on my 4runner...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/nv-battle-...da/600098-4-runna-mucc-86-runner-build-4.html

image.jpg

so the tube basically hit in the same place as the original door seal would be thus transferring the load through out the cab.

Yup.

The only thing I would have done differently would be to change the two vertical bars to a horizontal orientation. I had a couple situations where a rock was hanging me up on the vertical bars. I'd still put a bend in them to help with keeping the body away from the obstacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom