2 doors too many, 80 panel van (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I’m not much of a talker and picture worth a thousand words so just a bit of context for starter.
At first, I was looking for a 75 which is for me the best platform for a build and travel the world, but they are rare and way too expensive. All my friends run 80 series and tried to convince me to get one. I agree that is the pinnacle of what a 4x4 is supposed to be. But for me they have 2 majors flaws, first, 4 doors is 2 too many and the tail gate is a nonsense ;)))
And guess what I found 18 months ago, a cheap HZJ80 with swing doors in the back. Then it all happened between April and July last year.
I only found 2 others projects making the same work, but didn’t choose the same options.

01.JPG
02.jpg
03.JPG

04.JPG

Cool and unique build. Neat to see something different done with an 80.

I can hear the hand wringers now..."Wow, completely hosed the resale value on that one"... LMAO

That is very cool. Well done, Sir.

Last edited:
i know its an optical illusion but it looks shorter as a 2 door vs 4 door. nice touch with the wooden door panels on the rear doors

Cool if you are looking for a project to do for the fun of it. However a much lower cost/effort approach to making a rig for road tripping... just leave those two doors closed. ;)

Mark...

Nice work. Nice to see something new In This forum.

Now all it needs is “free candy” painted on the side. J/k.

i know its an optical illusion but it looks shorter as a 2 door vs 4 door.

That was the first thing I thought looking at the black one. They removed the doors and shortened it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom