Harbor Freight 'Braun' Work Light - WOW!

Spike Strip

Reclaim Your Mind
SILVER Star

This is hands-down the best 18650 I've used. Have 4 of them now. Lasts forever in the Braun. I use two at a time in a high-draw 3200 lumen flashlight I have and even with that the runtime is impressive. (Hint: It's a rebadged Panasonic made-in-Japan).

e9999

You want to do what...?

well, used a little bit the Braun's little brother: The Quantum 215 lumens for $4 on sale. Feels very sturdy but it's quite heavy - 200g vs 230g for the big Braun and the magnet is only just strong enough so would not take too much to knock it off a vertical panel unlike the Braun. Light is OK but clearly much less than the Braun so not that tempting to use when I have both handy. But enough light to be useful. And I find the tiltable head on the Braun is a major plus that this one unfortunately does not have. It has a pocket clip that you could use to position it to light things up when you walk or work but it's so heavy that on a breast pocket for example it would feel awkward. Belt maybe. So not too compelling a feature for me.
Having said that, for $4 it's a decent buy (if it lasts), could come in handy to work on the car or around camp. And you get 4 or 5 for the cost of one big Braun. But it's not exactly thrilling so I don't think I'll get another one.

So the Braun light I purchased and have been using (a few times) won't turn off. The tip light stays on a low glow and can't be turned off. I have resorted to removing the battery when not using the light. Another Chinese piece of junk.
I was initially impressed with the light but that didn't last hahaha.

DRANGED

SILVER Star
So the Braun light I purchased and have been using (a few times) won't turn off. The tip light stays on a low glow and can't be turned off. I have resorted to removing the battery when not using the light. Another Chinese piece of junk.
I was initially impressed with the light but that didn't last hahaha.
My switch kinda.failed.too, but it's now "fixed" by tightening the flexhead cap...
I dunno but it worked...

e9999

You want to do what...?

bummer about the switch. Yep, it's surely not bulletproof quality. Mine is good so far, knock on wood. I will say that I never use the tip light, it's basically worthless for me. So if that one were to stay on, and I could not return the unit, I may just disable the tip light so it does not draw on the battery. Well, assuming I can still use the other lights after that.

Top Bottom