Harbor freight 6-ton jack stands NOT SAFE. What do you use on your 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe not a bad idea after putting the truck on stands to shake it strongly (as in more than you'd expect to do from under there) while still standing outside the danger zone, to check for stand stability and locking...

since the "what do I buy now?" discussion has re-started, I went with the Pro-Lift 6-ton set from Amazon Prime. $43 a year and a half ago. They have the locking pins.

since the "what do I buy now?" discussion has re-started, I went with the Pro-Lift 6-ton set from Amazon Prime. $43 a year and a half ago. They have the locking pins.
Am looking for some. How have these help up? Tempted to grab from Amazin now at $59/pair.

If you haven't seen it, the previous HF jack stands have all been recalled:
recall-png.3220691

The replacement Daytona brand ones they sell have a number of improvements: a bar across the weld seam, "feet" on the 6 and 12-ton models, and a locking pin. I never had an issue with my older Pittsburgh versions (at least 10 to 15 years old), but I traded all of mine in and used the credit for new ones.

Right now they have a sale on the 3-ton versions and there have been sales on the 6-ton and 12-ton versions over the past few months. With sales, I basically paid $10 per pair to trade my old ones in for new ones. The current deal on the 3-ton ones is basically a free trade.

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 12.46.15 PM.png

^^ LOL, very clever, they say "12,000 lbs total" so that people will think "12 tons" instinctively...
^ if you like to see things being crushed, the Hydraulic channel (? - the finnish guys) is definitely the ticket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom