Ham class & test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The club’s treasurer @StaleAle is one of the VEs who will be at the class. You can join at the class if that’s easier for you.
Yeah! I can do that if it's fine with the club.

TLCA membership is preferred because we are part of TLCA but I’m not sure if it is required. That decision is above my pay grade. Paging @hakalugi @Stumpalama

We are a chartered TLCA Chapter and to retain that association, 70% of the membership are supposed to be active TLCA members. TLCA supports us with advertising and insurance for our events and for those reasons we like to encourage TLCA membership when you join CLCC. An active TLCA membership is required for initial CLCC membership application per our bylaws.

TLCA membership has many benefits, among them it entitles you to participate in TLCA affiliated events such as our annual Fall Crawl, or GCLC's Coal Mine Cruiser Classic, or Rising Sun's Cruise Moab, or Lone Star Roundup, or several other exciting and worthwhile gathering of Cruiserheads. It also gets you a subscription to a great magazine published 6 times per year.

If you are only interested in the class, and are not interested in meeting and making new friends, modifying, maintaining, talking about, camping with and/or wheeling your Toyota 4x4 with a great bunch of guys and gals, then pay the $15 test fee and forego membership.

We are a chartered TLCA Chapter and to retain that association, 70% of the membership are supposed to be active TLCA members. TLCA supports us with advertising and insurance for our events and for those reasons we like to encourage TLCA membership when you join CLCC. An active TLCA membership is required for initial CLCC membership application per our bylaws.

TLCA membership has many benefits, among them it entitles you to participate in TLCA affiliated events such as our annual Fall Crawl, or GCLC's Coal Mine Cruiser Classic, or Rising Sun's Cruise Moab, or Lone Star Roundup, or several other exciting and worthwhile gathering of Cruiserheads. It also gets you a subscription to a great magazine published 6 times per year.

If you are only interested in the class, and are not interested in meeting and making new friends, modifying, maintaining, talking about, camping with and/or wheeling your Toyota 4x4 with a great bunch of guys and gals, then pay the $15 test fee and forego membership.
Count me in... I'll become a member.

If the schedules align, I'm in too. Then I can actually use the radio in the truck! I'll pay up some CLCC dues then as well

I did pass the test without a single wrong answer to spare. That generally means anyone with avg intelligence who is a good sleeper and can copy Bart's answers has a good shot at success. As a recent graduate of the program I also volunteer to help proctor the exam and keep it on the up
And up. We don’t need any new riff raff pulling the minimum passing grade.

Confirmed. See you there.

Please bring:
- A printed copy of all of the possible test questions (Only 35 questions on the test. The answer is the letter in parenthesis) available here: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/2018-2022 Tech Class Pool Final with errata.pdf
- A government issued ID (drivers license)
- Social Security Number or an FRN (FCC Registration Number) issued by the FCC. The FRN is preferred so you don't have to disclose your SSN to everyone in the license process. You can get info regarding the FRN here: Getting an FCC Registration Number (FRN) in the Universal Licensing System (ULS)
- Apply for the FRN here: FCC Registration System

If anyone has access to a high speed printer, please bring some extra copies for those who forget to bring their copy to the class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom