H151 VZ transmission intermediate shaft and parts issues - can we figure this out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
I decided to start a new thread on this, to see if anyone can help and hopefully, this will help the next person that runs into the issue. Given how hard the VZ trucks are run, I can't imagine that I am the only person with this issue.

The issue (that I was told by others as I drove it all of 100 feet) was that it would pop out of first gear. From diagnosing online that sounds like a worn first gear and the mating surface, the intermediate shaft.

1579020110589.png

The issue is that I can find the first gear, but the intermediate shaft is NLA. The great news was that Terrain tamer in Australia has TONS of parts for these transmissions...... it seems though that the specific Toyota part number I have they don't have a replacement part though......

.. after talking with @cjmoon thought about "reverse engineering" under the assumption that this just has a different gear ratio for 1st or 2nd, with the goal to see if we can swap a different intermediate shaft in and any gear needed that is different. Even though I won't use this on this project, I would like my countertop back, and hope to sell this to recoup some $$$.

I previously reached out to Georg @orangefj45 and his crew that is the US supplier of Terrain Tamer products. Looking in the books, it appears that Terrain did not sell the countershaft I need. toyota part 33421-60110.

So, talking with Jess, the thought was to make a parts list of all the major gears and see what is the same as on a 80 series that terrain does sell parts for. Well, I just did that, and all the parts seem to show up on 80 series rigs too, so now I am confused. I have reached out to Terrain Tamer and just can't seem to find who to talk to and typically they point me back to Georg.

1579020145299.png

Does anyone happen to have a h151 torn down such that we can count teeth and OD sizes of gears to confirm or deny if this is different?

1578686936145.png

1579020109238.png

Gear details. This picture is pulled from another thread, and clearly the reverse is different, as mine is the same size as the first gear. Also, my measurements are at the outside of the tooth, OD, given the wear, I would assume that first and maybe second are smaller than normal.

F2810F4D-EAAD-4AE6-AE3A-70C7A318783A.jpeg

Attachments

• tranny stuff.pdf
    104.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Looking in the books, it appears that Terrain did not sell the countershaft I need. toyota part 33421-60110.

Amayama have it for $383USD genuine part

Amayama have it for $383USD genuine part

I emailed them yesterday to see if it really is available. Too many times I have ordered from them, just to get the order cancelled. Not available from any other online vendor, so I doubt it.

@roscoFJ73 I emailed Amayama and they emailed back that they can not help me with a vehicle that was exported, so I ordered the part and just got this notification that it is not available.

Really don't like ordering from Amayama.... Now I have sent 3 emails telling them I don't want the seals that was part of this order, and making sure they know on my original order in the notes I told them to cancel the order if all of it was not available. $20 shipping for $16 of seals does not make sense to me....

So, I am back to square one on this. @SNLC, you willing to take some measurements from that counter gear?

1579701274783.png

megazip shows they have it too, they are not as quick to ship as the others but I've had luck getting parts from them that no one else had.

megazip shows they have it too, they are not as quick to ship as the others but I've had luck getting parts from them that no one else had.
I have not ordered from them before.... may be worth a try.

They are legit, they are not my go to, since it takes about 2 weeks to get parts from them, but they seem to have the hard to get parts.

Legit.... ouch. $200 more for the part... but a clue... they show superceded to 33421-60112. Going to see if amayama can get that one.

1579717291936.png

Just heard back, the 33421-60112 is not available either.

Got an email that they cannot get it either.....

@SNLC you want to part ways with some parts?

anyone have an email for anyone at Terrain Tamer?

@orangefj45

Took some more pics. @SNLC

624B002E-9491-48C5-B686-06F0E9B60053.jpeg

04FF4E7B-AAE0-47B0-877E-48AAFD3C3B5A.jpeg

8E715DBF-1EFC-414C-B744-5F545AEE582E.jpeg

6155E11B-850E-4D3D-B3F0-89E485A7028B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom