GX470 owners B.S. thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ADVFamilyHauler
Are you running dual batteries?
You've got a full rack up top now don't you? Does it cover the glass completely? 🤔
No dual batteries. Don’t have a need right now. Up in the air on when I get a fridge if I will do a dual battery setup or just one group 31. Yeah my rack covers the sunroof completely.

8849257C-FDAA-4045-9276-1F63746187BC.jpeg

man the next few months are going to drag. Black Friday got me a 3" IMS Dobinson lift from Apache offroad, RRW 17" 0 offset wheels, and 285 75 17 S/T Maxx tires... and a few odds and ends.
Tires will be here by Christmas
Wheels won't ship til Jan
Lift won't ship till Feb
LOL
Gives new meaning to the term "what a drag!" 😆🤘

Yeah, I can't wait to get rid of the soccer mom look lol. I'm also planning on dechroming everything at the same time... so should be a pretty night/day transformation. now just need to find a set of sport headlights... and a non nav HVAC control lol
UGH the wait till February is going to suck... Tires showed up... Wheels in Jan... lift in Feb(at earliest)... damn you black friday deals
View attachment 2149228
Quick and free mod to de-soccormom.. pull the running boards. 🤘👍

No dual batteries. Don’t have a need right now. Up in the air on when I get a fridge if I will do a dual battery setup or just one group 31. Yeah my rack covers the sunroof completely.

View attachment 2174128
^That's^ hardly 'completely covered', my friend! 😆👌
IMG_20200105_131813.jpg

But yeah. 👍
A buddy had an idea I was going to suggest if you had need for trickle-charging, and my rack overrode me doing it.

Anyhoo, thought was, put a solar panel on the the sunroof cover so it's always under the glass and can trickle when in daylight.

Moot for me and you, bit fixing the sunroof glass stimulated that thought.

Last edited:
That's hardly 'completely' my friend! 😆👌
View attachment 2174172

But yeah. 👍
A buddy had an idea I was going to suggest if you had need for trickle-charging, and my rack overrode me doing it.

Anyhoo, thought was, put a solar panel on the the sunroof cover so it's always under the glass and can trickle when in daylight.

Moot for me and you, bit fixing the sunroof glass stimulated that thought.
I am trying to figure out what I am going to put on the roof rack above the sunroof. I am thinking traction boards or a solar panel but I won’t need a solar panel for awhile.

If you need inspiration:
Nice!

The sunroof is definitely overrated but damned if I don't want to get that thing working tits. I enjoy it in the spring and fall when it's cool out but sunny. It's adds nice ambiance at night when you are parked and just chilling.

The sunroof is definitely overrated but damned if I don't want to get that thing working tits. I enjoy it in the spring and fall when it's cool out but sunny. It's adds nice ambiance at night when you are parked and just chilling.
I would never not want to have mine. Love it. But agree the rattle is so irritating. My old 4runner had the exact same problem.

Has anyone else not been able to see GXOR on FB? I don’t have FB and it used to be public but today I couldn’t see anything...

random thought. . . 🧐

I saw someone's avitar pic and got the curious notion wondering what a GX470 would look like hacked into a fastback... 🤔
Someone with real PS skillz could make this a go (ahem @spdwaver1 )

Concept is standard roof line for the first and second rows, then slants back to the body seam at the bottom of the side windows. Sure, the tail lights would have to be relocated down to the top of the bumper skin. It'd probably then have a tailgate (which some secretly long for). I'm sure it'd probably really make it wonky to the eye, but curious none the less.

I dunno... random 470 BS jibber-jabber in the BS thread. ;)

random thought. . . 🧐

I saw someone's avitar pic and got the curious notion wondering what a GX470 would look like hacked into a fastback... 🤔
Someone with real PS skillz could make this a go (ahem @spdwaver1 )

Concept is standard roof line for the first and second rows, then slants back to the body seam at the bottom of the side windows. Sure, the tail lights would have to be relocated down to the top of the bumper skin. It'd probably then have a tailgate (which some secretly long for). I'm sure it'd probably really make it wonky to the eye, but curious none the less.

I dunno... random 470 BS jibber-jabber in the BS thread. ;)
Not sure I like the look personally
Lexeep.jpg

ModLexus.jpg

what about a ute version like they do in Australia ?

Has anyone else not been able to see GXOR on FB? I don’t have FB and it used to be public but today I couldn’t see anything...

Still shows as public. I thought it was voted to be private, but maybe I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom