GX470 Dissent Rear bumper buy thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks G26er for getting this together! I emailed Ben on Monday but haven't heard back yet for the initial deposit.

Would you still be able to tow a camper with this bumper? 500lb tongue weight and 4K dry weight.

Has everyone emailed Ben for a deposit?

I missed info on that detail. I would need detailed instructions as I am tech stupid.

G26er explains everything in a previous post:
I reached out to Ben to get some more details about how this whole process would work. We came up with a 2 stage process for the deposit. The situation is such that Ben had a GX in the shop for prototyping and the bumper shell was hammered out but the final work on the swingarm geometry wasn't completed once the project was shelved. Stage 1 to finish the project would be to get the GX back in the shop, bumper on and finish all the work with the swingarm. Time frame for this stage would be 4-8 weeks from the start of prototyping. Stage 2 would begin once the prototyping was complete and would be standard shop production with an estimated time frame of 8-12 weeks lead.

Stage 1: Each person on the list reaches out to Ben via email. The email link is located in the "contact us" section on his website homepage. In the message box start the conversation with "GX470 Rear Bumper" or similar. Once Ben has an email from you he proceeds to send an invoice for $200 prototyping deposit. This deposit would be your commitment to the project and is contingent on the start of prototyping. That is to say if only 5 out of 10 people on the list come through with a deposit and prototyping does not actually commence your deposit will be refunded. Once it has begun the deposit is considered non refundable.

Stage 2: Once prototyping is complete Ben will contact everyone that sent a prototyping deposit with an second deposit invoice for 50% of your individual order. That's also considered non refundable once everything is in motion. This stage should wrap up in the standard lead time of 8-12 weeks and this is depending on shop order volume. There is always the potential for a lower lead time if all orders are caught up but its better to expect the full 8-12.

Stage 2 ends with a GX470 Dissent rear bumper shipped to you!

That's it! We have the numbers lets get this ball rolling!

Anyone talk to Ben to see how this is going and how many people have reached out to Ben?

Anyone talk to Ben to see how this is going and how many people have reached out to Ben?

Great news! Got an email from Ben that we have about 13 people on the roster!

That's enough to get this off the ground and underway.

Regarding a timeline Ben mentioned that the shop is in full swing with current offerings and will only be able to start the new project end of August beginning of September.

I will not be updating the lists on this thread as the current list is with Ben. I'm assuming that in a few weeks he will make the rounds to reach out about the Stage 1 deposit. From that point on I intend to keep in touch with him and update this thread with the latest progress.

If there are any other interested parties please reach out to Ben directly via the outlined steps to get on the list.

I am interested and submitted my inquiry to Dissent Offroad!

It did..... and expected to be fabbed starting about now....... has anyone heard from Dissent?

Has anyone paid Dissent? That was the last communication I heard that he was going to take deposits but never saw anything after that.

No deposit was taken for me. Ben seems super busy, looks like they're churning out a ton of product based on their IG.

I posted this on GXOR So Cal and there were some questions, so re-posting the answers here from Ben.

• Shipping: "Typically looking at a base rate of $250 for California and $300 anywhere else."
    • " We certainly can bundle to the same destination a save a good amount."
  • Metal thickness: "Steel is a combo of 3/16 and 1/2 for the recovery points."
  • Weight of bumper: "Unfortunately no weights yet but should be close to 120lbs on the bumper and 45lbs each swing."
Thinking about going in on this GB. Would it be possible to pick up since I’m only 115 miles away from dissent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom