GX 550 Overtrail vs Land Cruiser (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. This has come up in a few different threads and myself and some others worked on a chart to compare LC250/Premium vs GX 550 Overtrail/+. Figured I'd throw it up in a thread by itself for discussion instead of polluting multiple other threads.

While the LC250 and Overtrail "base" trims look sparsely equipped, that is not the intent. These are all well equipped trucks. For the sake of being concise I left out any features that all 4 trucks have in common.

1000005660.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting that the GX has a heavier rear axle, and payload. That might tip the scales for me, although the 8.2 has held up pretty well in practice. I also like the lower cargo area load floor in the GX.

Assuming this chart is for the US Spec, the Land Cruiser trim doesn't include the wireless charger, it's only on the premium package. And I'm pretty sure it used to list memory seats as standard, but now it appears to be a premium package option, but I hope that's incorrect. Sure would be nice if this could be finalized

Assuming this chart is for the US Spec, the Land Cruiser trim doesn't include the wireless charger, it's only on the premium package. And I'm pretty sure it used to list memory seats as standard, but now it appears to be a premium package option, but I hope that's incorrect. Sure would be nice if this could be finalized
Good catch! Fixed

Possibly another correction - I’ve read the Overtrail includes power steering power adjustment. This was from a production model purchased by a person in a FB group. And he was disappointed it did not include the memory seats.

Why no 1958?

Possibly another correction - I’ve read the Overtrail includes power steering power adjustment. This was from a production model purchased by a person in a FB group. And he was disappointed it did not include the memory seats.

Why no 1958?
It was mostly meant for cross-shopping the models. 1958 is kind of in its own class separate from the above.

According to the Lexus site and brochure, power steering wheel only comes on overtrail+. I'll be happy to change if there's evidence to the contrary

what that chart tells me is the landcruiser should have just had the v6tt

Great chart, too bad the Land Cruiser misses out on AVS, while the new 4Runner gets AVS, go figure.

Here is the 4Runner reveal video, where they list the Limited and Platinum trims getting the "Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)", at the 2:15 time mark.

Interesting that the GX is not only heavier but also has higher payload. What even is the Landcruiser, strange design decisions here.

I don't understand the "1100 (FE)" payload number above. Based on Toyota website it should be 6725 - 5037.5 = 1687.5lbs
Only thing I don't like about the 250 is the rear axle. Otherwise I like how the premium is equipped to all other options.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 4.30.55 PM.png

Last edited:
I don't understand the "1100 (FE)" payload number above. Based on Toyota website it should be 6725 - 5037.5 = 1687.5lbs

View attachment 3616572
The 1100 comes from a first edition door jamb sticker. Toyota's website is not correct. I put (FE) for first edition because we don't have any photos of the stickers from US spec LC trim models yet.

Reactions: OSS
The 1100 comes from a first edition door jamb sticker. Toyota's website is not correct. I put (FE) for first edition because we don't have any photos of the stickers from US spec LC trim models yet.
production jamb sticker? The web numbers make way more sense.

Yeah we won’t know until we see a USA sticker. The LC 250 gets different engines in different countries

Wonder if they have European curb weight on the USA site and the missing battery weight is the difference? But 1100lbs is not at all impressive. That sucks. Thats barely over car numbers.
A whole lot of the numbers listed on the website for the LC250 are comically wrong. Things like 20 inch turning circle and like 6" less leg room than a 5th gen 4runner.

A whole lot of the numbers listed on the website for the LC250 are comically wrong. Things like 20 inch turning circle and like 6" less leg room than a 5th gen 4runner.
and 17" brake rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom