Builds Greg's 94 4Runner 08-2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tahoe3d.com
Hello's All,

I recently gave this old 4runner some good lovin,

More pics at Tahoe3D | Pics - 4Runner

Nice 4Runner Greg!

So out of curiosity, when you had the motor out did you consider doing a 3.4 swap?

TY,

Yes, and no... was doing this rebuild on a $0 budget.
This runner originally needed head gaskets...pulled heads..and then grabbed a 10k rebuild motor out of another one of my 4runners and put it into it instead.
Would like to do a stronger motor...but on a $0 budget, had to build this one from crap I had sitting around my shop.
4:88's/tires are in good progress.
Solid front axle is probably on list before more power, first ditch I hit sucked the front end with the A-arm lifty thingys...but it looks nice :)

I'm looking for another to rebuild for someone...that has deep pockets

Did you do a cross over delete, or just install the motor with stock exhaust? I’ve been lead to believe that doing the delete will make the 3.0 relatively bulletproof, but I have not seen anyone post info that has done the delete. I’ve been told it’s pretty tough to do without headers as well. I have yet to investigate it on my 1st Gen.

It went back together stock, I see headers for ~$200, Doug wants a bit more.
I'm gonna look into the cross over delete at some point, main goal at the time was to get it all back together and happy..then spend some money on it. Although low miles, the engine now is a cheap generic rebuild, runs good, but was stickered as rebuilt in mexico and looks like they rolled it on the ground to get there, type machine work...
I have another 3.0 engine that is torn down, ready for me to rebuild,
A 20R with webbers/22R pistons and a ported head is much stronger, from my building experience.
The stock cross over just looks likes it robs power, i cant wait to delete it, but its a ways down the list.
I just having fun now with this 4runner, looks good, catches air and has AC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom