Builds Greetings from Seattle...Fixing up "Blue Guy" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New Meats on Blue Guy today! Old Toyo AT2s were 10 years old. Still plenty of tread but just too old. Got new Toyo AT3s. I love the tires so I stuck with what worked well. Tire size is 245/75R16. I personally find this size tire the perfect balance on a stock FJ62. Fantastic on and off road and the truck doesn't feel sluggish. Each tire weights about 35 pounds.
IMG_1515.jpg

I just love this wagon. I have been driving it around a lot lately. It's happy and I am happy. Met up with @TheNeek the other day to work on some projects. Always love seeing his impeccably built 60. Truly beautiful and the attention to detail is beyond amazing.
IMG_5882.jpg

I also did a final test install of the new under-hood light system the Cruiser Cult crew is coming out with soon. It's so damn good. Yes I am biased but it's true still. :D
IMG_1790.jpg

I just love this wagon. I have been driving it around a lot lately. It's happy and I am happy. Met up with @TheNeek the other day to work on some projects. Always love seeing his impeccably built 60. Truly beautiful and the attention to detail is beyond amazing.
View attachment 3274473

I also did a final test install of the new under-hood light system the Cruiser Cult crew is coming out with soon. It's so damn good. Yes I am biased but it's true still. :D
View attachment 3274474
That 3FE is so clean.

Thank you! It's definitely been a journey. :D

why have you chose not to de-smog your 3FE Chase ?

i am pondering this process now , pros and cons etc .....

thanks

why have you chose not to de-smog your 3FE Chase ?

i am pondering this process now , pros and cons etc .....

thanks
Yeah I thought about that one a lot when I had the top end apart for the fuel system refresh. As far as I can tell all the smog systems are working so I figured I would leave it for now. Anything to help reduce the emissions is good in my book as long as its working correctly. That being said, as soon as its starts to malfunction (EGR valve usually the culprit) then I am going to rip it all out. I think the big performance gains people see when they take it all out is because it was already malfunctioning.
I had a leaking EGR valve at one point and I used oven cleaner to scrub out the inside valve to have it seal better. But that will not work forever. :p

Yeah I thought about that one a lot when I had the top end apart for the fuel system refresh. As far as I can tell all the smog systems are working so I figured I would leave it for now. Anything to help reduce the emissions is good in my book as long as its working correctly. That being said, as soon as its starts to malfunction (EGR valve usually the culprit) then I am going to rip it all out. I think the big performance gains people see when they take it all out is because it was already malfunctioning.
I had a leaking EGR valve at one point and I used oven cleaner to scrub out the inside valve to have it seal better. But that will not work forever. :p

- i have studied this topic in my mind at great length Chase ..

- are you creating MORE harmful emissions by having a power robbing air pump in place , hence burning more fuel , and a age age time toyota Emission system parts being crusty now 30 + years later are NOT preforming to original standards etc ...

- or

- would less resistance from a lack of a power robbing 3FE smog pump , and free flowing AIR , FUEL mixture entering the combustion chamber together naturally , at the same time actually produce LESS emission by product by the gallon of fuel u consume , because it would ignite evenly

- i have concluded beyond a reasonable doubt via TOYOTA FSM and T-TEN training print media that a MTM conversion 3FE produces LESS emissions because u extend the power range RPM's hence better combustion / LESS waist / less NOX . less CO etc ....

- a ATM is like a TREE SLOTH and gobbles up FUEL , the LAZY usa consumer some how got ATM's in Toyota ?

- now today 2023 , what Toyota can u get a MTM in ?

- all Toyota MTM vehicle platforms in the 1980's -2000's had a higher MPG rating then ATM variant ...

-
- my thoughts on all that JIS Jazz ...

your blue 62 looks sharp ,

nice

- i have studied this topic in my mind at great length Chase ..

- are you creating MORE harmful emissions by having a power robbing air pump in place , hence burning more fuel , and a age age time toyota Emission system parts being crusty now 30 + years later are NOT preforming to original standards etc ...

- or

- would less resistance from a lack of a power robbing 3FE smog pump , and free flowing AIR , FUEL mixture entering the combustion chamber together naturally , at the same time actually produce LESS emission by product by the gallon of fuel u consume , because it would ignite evenly

- i have concluded beyond a reasonable doubt via TOYOTA FSM and T-TEN training print media that a MTM conversion 3FE produces LESS emissions because u extend the power range RPM's hence better combustion / LESS waist / less NOX . less CO etc ....

- a ATM is like a TREE SLOTH and gobbles up FUEL , the LAZY usa consumer some how got ATM's in Toyota ?

- now today 2023 , what Toyota can u get a MTM in ?

- all Toyota MTM vehicle platforms in the 1980's -2000's had a higher MPG rating then ATM variant ...

-
- my thoughts on all that JIS Jazz ...

your blue 62 looks sharp ,

nice
Oh yeah, the A440F is the worst part of the FJ62 hands down. Getting rid of it for the H55F is the best performance mod you can do. :steer:

Oh yeah, the A440F is the worst part of the FJ62 hands down. Getting rid of it for the H55F is the best performance mod you can do. :steer:

ok performance mod yes ,

- what about the clean air emissions end product that comes out the tail pipe ?

- keeping in mind ALL factory cats are still in place and working normally too ......fyi

Met up with @NookShneer and @Bullzi and some others and camped in an awesome spot. A few water crossings, threaded the fat cruiser needle between tight trees, soupy sand and took a couple wrong and over grown trails that I had to delicately back out of but Blue Guy conquered it all perfectly. I love this wagon. Friends, family, cruisers, nature. Doesn't get better than that (minus the tweaker jeep wheeler that woke us up at 3am). :D
IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3131.jpeg

Met up with @NookShneer and @Bullzi and some others and camped in an awesome spot. A few water crossings, threaded the fat cruiser needle between tight trees, soupy sand and took a couple wrong and over grown trails that I had to delicately back out of but Blue Guy conquered it all perfectly. I love this wagon. Friends, family, cruisers, nature. Doesn't get better than that (minus the tweaker jeep wheeler that woke us up at 3am). :D
View attachment 3338958
View attachment 3338959
What is the tire size you are running?

What is the tire size you are running?
Noted in post #401 above....245/75R16. Nice to see these cruisers out in the wild.
They are about 30". Mild lift from Tough Dog. Definitely smaller than most run but they perform great and always get me where I need to go. This is not a wheeler rig so nothing that crazy in regards to trails. It needs to serve a do it all function.

Small project but super satisfying. Installed new D-pillar trim from the Rust Farmers. So good and perfect fit.
IMG_3881.jpeg

Fresh!
IMG_3883.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom