Grease gun stuck on the zerk (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know I am not the only person to get a grease gun stuck on a zerk, but I can not get the thing off. Pulling it, twisting it, cursing at it. Nothing works. It is stuck on the zerk for the front most u-joint.

I can not get inside the u-joint to try to take apart the fitting. I took the gun off the fitting, and that did nothing for me. Put the gun together, and tried turning the fitting to get it off. No luck.

Anyone got any tips? I have tried the search, but have not found the one true post to unite my day. I am open to suggestions.

J.

In my book if it goes on it'll come off. Try prying or vice grips, good luck!

the fear is breaking the zerk, and needing to replace the u-joint.

Oh well, back under the truck I got.

Most grease couplers can be disassembled, the forward part unscrews from the rear part. This should release it?

I'll be hitting the needle next time. This time, I turned the u-joint, put a screw driver on one side of the fitting, whacked it with the hammer.

The fitting popped right off. Did not damage the truck, u-joint or the zerk.

I could not see how to get the zerk off, so I did not try. the lack of leverage lying on my back under the truck was also not any fun.

The more time I spend on this truck, the less mechanically inclined I feel. Oh well - at least nothing is broken.

Under the hood.

I feel like the more time I spend driving it, the more things can and will go wrong. I have been spending too much time reading on the post and not enough time getting crud under my nails and in my eyes. I have become paranoid as hell because of this site! Oh the sickness continues though. Keep plugging away and reading for tips!!!!

Another one.

Try another grease gun, check where that one you used was made....."China" may be the problem....:crybaby:

Make sure you have some good tools, don't stress too much.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom