Greasable 5/8 spring pins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody out there has a source for good quality Greasable 5/8 spring bolts? I have priced OME at $18 a pin and that is way too much $$$ for my taste. I have priced JTO and CCOT but not convinced on their quality. I guess my real question is does anybody have experience with quality bolts that didn't cost a arm and a leg? I have a full set of new Greasable 18mm spring bolts and bushings from Trail Gear that I got when I got my mini truck axles for Disc conversion. Trail Gear is great quality but they only carry the 18mm and not the 5/8. Fixing to put on Downey Cantilever shackles and was trying to source bolts b4 I start. Any help is appreciated.
greasable bolts.jpg

grease zerks at the end of the bolt will shear off if you do any wheeling with the truck - don't ask me how I know :rolleyes:

I am not saying you shouldn't get them, but think about getting something to plug the zerk holes after you are done greasing - with something non-protruding that you can take out when you want to grease again

have you checked the size of the MAF shackle bolts ? IIRC they are not metric

I made my own with 5/8 grade 8 bolts. 6" lenth to get enough shoulder and cut the excess threads off later. Drilled the long hole on a lathe with a long 3/32 bit from Grainger and plenty of Tap Magic fluid. I spent some time on these and the homemade shackles but saved some coin. I'm using these bolts on the shackles but I'm still on the stock bolts for the other end of the spring untill I make some new hangers that'll accept these bolts.
IMG_0837w2.jpg
IMG_0844w2.jpg

i did the same thing... but didnt use a lathe... just bought an extra nut and welded it to a plate to clamp to a drill press... drilled a hole and tapped it out for the zerk and drilled a couple holes in the side of the bolt... hour an a bit for the job.. in the end it cost around $40 bucks for 8 bolts and nylocks and zerks....

We make them for us and others, i belive they are around 6.00 with washers and stover nut. If you need something special lenght wise, its not a problem as long as i have around a week to get it done. They are not hard like the other guys said, jusat time consuming if you dont have a lathe.

Larry

Could check out Daystar's price, but I don't think you'll beat Larrys offer!!!

We make them for us and others, i belive they are around 6.00 with washers and stover nut. If you need something special lenght wise, its not a problem as long as i have around a week to get it done. They are not hard like the other guys said, jusat time consuming if you dont have a lathe.

Larry

Thanks Larry I PM you on getting 8 bolts.

I’ve been using CCOT’s for a few years w/ no issues. I carry a couple of spare grade-8 bolts just incase.
I also put the zerks on the inside to keep them out of trouble.

Thanks for the replies. I was concerned with CCOT and JTO account they did not mention the grade of bolts that they were using. jcj_78FJ40 thanks you made a good point about putting the zerks to the inside. I do have spare grade 8 bolts that I am carrying. I wasn't thrilled with the potential of breaking a bolt and the ensuing carnage shortly thereafter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom