Got Parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

awesomeissquid

SILVER Star
Threads
In typical 2020 fashion my plans are being ruined.

Over the past few months I have been organizing to get all the parts and tools together so I can do a full front end restoration over the long Thanksgiving weekend. I'm talking UCA bushings, LCA bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, basically the works. Everything has been going great and packages have been arriving so I was happy. Cut to this past Sunday when I'm going over my list and checking it twice and I find that four parts have not arrived.
  • 2x Front Axle Hub Dust Seals #90313-99001
  • 2x Knuckle Spindle Oil Retainer Gaskets #43436-60020
Now these were ordered a month ago from a dealer on the East Coast along with some other items so they should be here. It turns out one of those other parts has apparently been holding everything up. Wonderful! :rolleyes: So I ask if everything they have can be shipped and whatever remains for later. Apparently the parts are now all in hand and everything should be getting packaged up to ship out. Now I am thinking the day is saved and Ill get the parts in time! Yay!

Cut to today and still no tracking code or update on the shipment. In my next moment of inspiration I think back to my local dealer. In the past their prices have been pretty bad, but maybe this time will be different and they wont be so awful. Nope, 3x the price of Partsouq and double that of other online dealers.

So now comes my request. Does anyone by any chance have these parts in hand that they are not using? I was hoping that maybe I could pay to have them shipped to me and then I could ship back my new parts when they arrive. Alternatively, if you know of somewhere I could buy them from for around $125 that would get them to me before Friday (San Francisco, CA area) I can just cancel those items from my existing order.

I know this is asking a lot of strangers on the internet and I really appreciate any help.
Cheers,
Mike

Got Parts.jpg

Don't sweet the Hub Dust Seals #90313-99001 Oil Retainer Gaskets #43436-60020. They can be reused in most cases. Than on next wheel bearing service, easily replaced.

Or order from Dealership and ask if anyone shows in stock in your area. Try Lexus and Toyota. If not in stock, ask for overnight into will-call, if they can. Make sure to call tomorrow in the morning early before 10AM. They likely in the Toyota CA depot.

Cruiser Outfitters is your best shot. But Friday deadline will be tough for anyone to meet because of the holiday.

@2001LC, good to know I may be able to live with the existing for now. I guess my biggest fear is getting in there and finding plastic disintegrating like shown in one of your posts. Good advice on the dealership. Ill give the one I have the existing order with a call as well as a few in my area.

@JunkCrzr89, they will also be on my call list for the morning.

In typical 2020 fashion my plans are being ruined.

Over the past few months I have been organizing to get all the parts and tools together so I can do a full front end restoration over the long Thanksgiving weekend. I'm talking UCA bushings, LCA bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, basically the works. Everything has been going great and packages have been arriving so I was happy. Cut to this past Sunday when I'm going over my list and checking it twice and I find that four parts have not arrived.
  • 2x Front Axle Hub Dust Seals #90313-99001
  • 2x Knuckle Spindle Oil Retainer Gaskets #43436-60020
Now these were ordered a month ago from a dealer on the East Coast along with some other items so they should be here. It turns out one of those other parts has apparently been holding everything up. Wonderful! :rolleyes: So I ask if everything they have can be shipped and whatever remains for later. Apparently the parts are now all in hand and everything should be getting packaged up to ship out. Now I am thinking the day is saved and Ill get the parts in time! Yay!

Cut to today and still no tracking code or update on the shipment. In my next moment of inspiration I think back to my local dealer. In the past their prices have been pretty bad, but maybe this time will be different and they wont be so awful. Nope, 3x the price of Partsouq and double that of other online dealers.

So now comes my request. Does anyone by any chance have these parts in hand that they are not using? I was hoping that maybe I could pay to have them shipped to me and then I could ship back my new parts when they arrive. Alternatively, if you know of somewhere I could buy them from for around $125 that would get them to me before Friday (San Francisco, CA area) I can just cancel those items from my existing order.

I know this is asking a lot of strangers on the internet and I really appreciate any help.
Cheers,
Mike

View attachment 2505962
Glad you got you parts! I wouldn't mind a full list of front end overhaul parts if you have the full list.i will be doing the same soon.

Here is the list of parts in the front end that I am working on:

Attachments

• Front End Refresh Parts.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 86
If you get an axle reboot kit you’ll have the grease for the inbound and outbound joints and can use those mcmaster smooth clamps to get it all buttoned up.

@DuckLN that is very true. For this project I have been contemplating a reboot but I wanted to get a better look the axles with everything disassembled before making a decision. Since I am not sure if they are original or replacements I wanted to confirm that before spending time rebooting. They are leaking a bit so I will use the new clamps to seal them up for the time being. If all looks good after that I will plan for a reboot at next bearing service. If not, then new axles may be in the future.

@DuckLN that is very true. For this project I have been contemplating a reboot but I wanted to get a better look the axles with everything disassembled before making a decision. Since I am not sure if they are original or replacements I wanted to confirm that before spending time rebooting. They are leaking a bit so I will use the new clamps to seal them up for the time being. If all looks good after that I will plan for a reboot at next bearing service. If not, then new axles may be in the future.
Depending on mileage, and if OEM axles, skip the reboot kit and buy new outer joint kits. The outboard splines wear and cause driveline clunk even with new hub flanges. The outer joint kit resolves this by giving you a new outer tulip with fresh outboard shaft, new outer joint, and new inner and outer boots. Rebuilding both axles with said kits results in $350-400 savings over buying new axles.

^^^^^

Just did the same job recently.

Including the steering rack and some 'while in you're in things' (Oil Cooler seals and hoses, etc..)

frt parts ready1.jpg

Flintnapper went all out!

Depending on mileage, and if OEM axles, skip the reboot kit and buy new outer joint kits. The outboard splines wear and cause driveline clunk even with new hub flanges. The outer joint kit resolves this by giving you a new outer tulip with fresh outboard shaft, new outer joint, and new inner and outer boots. Rebuilding both axles with said kits results in $350-400 savings over buying new axles.

Yea step one is to identify if the axles are OEM 🤞. Love the idea but at ~300k it might be time. If I end up replacing them I would at least disassemble to see if I can refresh them myself to add to my collection of spares.

^^^^^

Just did the same job recently.

Including the steering rack and some 'while in you're in things' (Oil Cooler seals and hoses, etc..)

I remember seeing your work on the weekly thread. All I can say is shiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom