Got me a 2nd 80 -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, my small search is over -- the clutch on my Civic just went, and I don't use my '94 as a DD, so I wanted to get a more "broken in" 80 --

-- I got a '91 with 170K for $4500 -- a lovely vehicle, in my eyes -- the PO even swapped the wheels out for the aluminums, and the color is great --

I've done all the fun stuff like synthetics all around, green-to-red coolant swap, zaino, wires/cap/rotor (thanks Dan!) and belts (had the dealer do that - no thanks!) -- will wait till the spring for the knuckle job -- too cold up here.

This is a really great vehicle -- I got it in NJ and there is NO rust on it at ALL -- I am absolutely surprised by the NJ winters -- no tail-gate bubbling, nothing on the door sills -- I got my other 80 in Jersey, too, and it's show-room clean -- well, almost... :)

I like the FJ engine/trans. combo quite a bit, and I don't notice a significant difference between my FZJ powertrain/brakes and this -- maybe b/c I drive sooo slow in it! I love the non-tinted glass, too --

-- anyway, I'll be around here for a while -- that's the best $4,500 I've spent in a while! I love the interior and the basic styling of this vehicle -- no racks, deflectors, burled wood, gold packages -- just solid value of a by-gone era --

I'm taking this to Salt Lake City tomorrow -- with a stop in Golden at Slee, of course... :D

eric :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

and my other...

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

I knew you were an addict when you covered the nice cloth seats of your first one in leather... then added heaters to the new leather seats, then covered the nice new leather with Wet Okoles, then .... but I lost track about then.

:D

-B-

... I'll pick it up where you left off -- "then put Cabelas covers on the Okoles on the Autoleathers on the seat heaters, affixed to the OEM cushion..." --

:)

[quote author=thorvald link=board=2;threadid=8801;start=msg75934#msg75934 date=1071509624]
lose the running boards :slap:
[/quote]

tough crowd!! i thought dumping the mavic bar and tail-lamps was enough -- !!

:)

eric

they cut in to the front flaps with the boards -- I don't know how to peaceably dismantle them --

go christo go!!!!!!!
while I doubt we will get you in the 3FE power club its nice to know you have a project rig to test fit goodies on.
Dave

3FE POWA!!!

Maybe I should make stickers?

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=8801;start=msg75987#msg75987 date=1071513263]
3FE POWA!!!

Maybe I should make stickers?

[/quote]

I'd buy one -- check out www.cafepress.com -- :)

e

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=8801;start=msg76215#msg76215 date=1071538929]
From two to five. WTF? And the pics?
[/quote]

Haven't had time to take them yet. I have recently joined the land of plaid jackets and balloons on the antenna's :) I got my dealers license. Some of the trucks trucks we are buying from clients when the upgrade, some are deals that come by and we will check them out, dop maintenance and repairs as needed and then put them out for sale.

ooh. Sounds like fun.

Cool Christo.

So come on down to see Cool Crazy Christo to pick out your new rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom