Good source for spare nuts and bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed
Not everyone has the space or the wife to accommodate a parts truck, or the need.

I do like having a bolt collection though.
I like Joey's idea of having spare harness connectors too
What should a wife have to do with our stock of spare parts???

The question still stands……..

It is a good question and one that I have pondered. My youngest son has developed a strong interest in Land Cruisers and what we have as parts, etc., so I expect that one day he will take over the parts stash. I have done some sorting and labeling of parts, sorting, bagging, and labeling of loose bolts and other fasteners but much remains to be done.

Sort, label, arrange the parts stash and maybe set up some friend-network or legal mechanism to make things easy for your wife if it left up to her to deal with.

It is a good question and one that I have pondered. My youngest son has developed a strong interest in Land Cruisers and what we have as parts, etc., so I expect that one day he will take over the parts stash. I have done some sorting and labeling of parts, sorting, bagging, and labeling of loose bolts and other fasteners but much remains to be done.

Sort, label, arrange the parts stash and maybe set up some friend-network or legal mechanism to make things easy for your wife if it left up to her to deal with.
We’ve already talked about what she could and should do if I departed the land of the living. She likes the cruiser and the activity of off road adventure so it only stands to reason that here next victim, I mean significant other, could simple step in and take up where I left off. Or she could give it away, or she could sell it in a package deal, or just burn it. No matter her decision, she is already set up well enough that my cruiser junk is insignificant.

If a bolt breaks I'm not concerned about replacing with a Jis head bolt. I just need something to get me home. And once I'm home, why would I replace it with used, rusty, rounded off bolt from a junkyard? Especially since it seems to be a failure point? I would replace it with new oem, or better. since it's cost prohibitive to carry a bunch of new general toyota hardware, I carry an assortment of new decent quality various sized metric hardware from belmetric. I think paying money for used hardware is silly.
For things that are *common* failures, I carry new Toyota, like control arm bolts, shock bolts, lug nuts and studs.

Don't I know it! At this point I think I have more SAE-head bolts vs metric on my truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom