Good news bad news… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The good news is I successfully installed a new carb, changed the oil pan gasket and have no leaks, and got the valves adjusted. All of this is new knowledge to me. The bad news is I have a coolant leak on a hose that I think may be discontinued…

Using this thread I think I need hose 87245A.

Is that hose still available? If not what are my options?

I think m replacing all hoses may just be my next project and using the above thread to source parts is my plan.

IMG_6707.jpeg

For those deleting the rear heater, buy this from @ToyotaMatt and use it to replace the double “tee” to feeds to the heater valve and pipe that runs behind the head and just run a straight 5/8” hose from the head to the heater valve.
Eliminate a bunch of leak points and hard to reach hoses.

E933D24B-9199-4A31-8EE0-FB2618F7D4C1.jpeg

53A9358F-CE7D-42E8-A2DC-20F5CB047168.jpeg

For those deleting the rear heater, buy this from @ToyotaMatt and use it to replace the double “tee” to feeds to the heater valve and pipe that runs behind the head and just run a straight 5/8” hose from the head to the heater valve.
Eliminate a bunch of leak points and hard to reach hoses.

View attachment 3481493

View attachment 3481494
Yes, that hose is discontinued. Just use a high-quality 90* replacement ( and cut-to-length).

The good news is I successfully installed a new carb, changed the oil pan gasket and have no leaks, and got the valves adjusted. All of this is new knowledge to me. The bad news is I have a coolant leak on a hose that I think may be discontinued…

I think m replacing all hoses may just be my next project and using the above thread to source parts is my plan.

View attachment 3481443

View attachment 3481443

in the past , this would be the more desirable solution , as @cruisermatt outlines very well here , ....
things like this rear heater delete Technical topic are constantly evolving , as all things do in the Land Cruiser universe we all share ,,,,,,

i plan to incorporate my new and absolutely killer kool little oem buddy here below ...

- it WILL clear the TOP of ALL 2F valve covers , NO need to pull it off here ,

- NOTE : this is a FJ40 2F , hence the the top port facing away like it is .....fyi

- also , the top port sets you and your now STRAIGHT-LIKE heater hose for nothing less the fundamental success ....

- i like when things constantly get better , i like this alot :D

-

-

1699995787292.png

1699995799693.png

1699995815136.png

in the past , this would be the more desirable solution , as @cruisermatt outlines very well here , ....
things like this rear heater delete Technical topic are constantly evolving , as all things do in the Land Cruiser universe we all share ,,,,,,

i plan to incorporate my new and absolutely killer kool little oem buddy here below ...

- it WILL clear the TOP of ALL 2F valve covers , NO need to pull it off here ,

- NOTE : this is a FJ40 2F , hence the the top port facing away like it is .....fyi

- also , the top port sets you and your now STRAIGHT-LIKE heater hose for nothing less the fundamental success ....

- i like when things constantly get better , i like this alot :D

-

-

.View attachment 3481540

View attachment 3481541
View attachment 3481542

That’s an interesting solution. Sold out right now so I may have to find something else for the time being.

How do Napa hoses compare to what Gates offers? I can pick this up locally at the Napa store. The price is a little more but to solve the initial leak problem its negligible. When replacing the rest of my hoses, I plan to use the resources on the site to source them more efficiently.

How do Napa hoses compare to what Gates offers? I can pick this up locally at the Napa store. The price is a little more but to solve the initial leak problem its negligible. When replacing the rest of my hoses, I plan to use the resources on the site to source them more efficiently.

I was told that Gates makes the NAPA line of hoses. I can't confirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom