Going under the knife (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just arrived to the office this morning:
coolfj40_1762_15874130

Ol' Bessy is going under the knife for some transplants and reconstructive surgury to revitalize and give her a more youthfull, perky look. The proceedure should begin sometime within the next week. I'll post pictures upon recovery.
This is how she looks now, you can see the signs of age on the rear that were unsuccessfully treated before. Luckily the delapidation has been somwhat localized to the rear quarter panels, so we should be able to eliminate most of the disease with one treatment.

left.jpg

Wish us luck.

Good luck!

4 out of 5 doctors recommend keeping plenty of :beer: :beer: :beer:
on hand ....have fun

toddslater,
luckily, I've traded the work with a qualified professional.

However, i may need the beverages to cope with deprivation [if I were a drinker that is]. I hear it'll be down for a couple of weeks.

I'd definitely follow up with some Chemo, radiation is not indicated in a case like this. Normal theapy would include Chemotaxic agent POR-15. Prognosis is good, following good automotive hygiene.
DR. ;) Degnol

I've been a fan of POR, but it is not a panacea. What it sticks to best is really...RUSTY METAL. If you've got new sheetmetal, wipe it down with an acid and let it air dry. Like take a rag soak it in Muriatic acid diluted at least 50/50 wipe it on and let it dry. You should see that nice orange patina. LIGHTLY scuff it with a ScotchBrite pad and shoot of brush it. I had my '40 sandblasted and then shot it underneath with POR-15. I'm amazed where it stuck and where it didn't. Looks cool, like powdercoat, but peeld right off in the smooth, non-rusty areas. And, yes I degreased with lacquer thinner. Wherever I patched, I used seamsealer.
HTH :) :)
Ed Long
Are you listening, SoddTlater???

Hey you changed your username! Good luck. I've got a half a quart of POR-15 sittin' in the garage if you need some more... When is she goin' under? You wanna go wheelin' with a couple of us on Saturday? Not sure where yet, probably be snow all over anyways... If your rig is down, your welcome to just ride in my rig--I've always got some empty seats.

Good luck dude.
-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom